IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 14 - River Raid

27 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Improvement on the record:

19D146CE-872B-426D-A6CB-5470BC31A441.jpeg

I, for one, appreciate you making it unnecessary for me to play any more since there's no way in hell I'm getting that high. Lol. 

That said, with potentially unlimited extra lives, I imagine silly scores are very possible on this game if you get a groove on. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I, for one, appreciate you making it unnecessary for me to play any more since there's no way in hell I'm getting that high. Lol. 

That said, with potentially unlimited extra lives, I imagine silly scores are very possible on this game if you get a groove on. 

Lol. After 50K, it gets much harder and there seems to be less fuel depots available. So honestly, I don’t think the scores can to get too crazy because of that. I imagine it continues to get even tougher as it goes on. I was struggling a bit after I hit 70k. Died several times because I ran out of fuel. I really like this game though, I think it’s fun to see how far you can get. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Lol. After 50K, it gets much harder and there seems to be less fuel depots available. So honestly, I don’t think the scores can to get too crazy because of that. I imagine it continues to get even tougher as it goes on. I was struggling a bit after I hit 70k. Died several times because I ran out of fuel. I really like this game though, I think it’s fun to see how far you can get. 

So do you get another plane after each 10k you get? I suck horribly in this game so I've only seen one extra plane, do you keep getting them each 10k you get? 

River Raid Quick Scoring Update: (Updated thru post #62)

76,050 - IntyFanMatt [+2 set new record][+2 Patch Bonus]

43,670 - Biffman [+2 Patch Bonus]

24,380 - Rickster8

17,220 - popsicle

15,270 - Mangia-Boy

13,740 - JacobZu7zu7

8,030 - jblenkle

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

My River Raid Update: Still a little more improvement. This game is so damn nerve-racking. I hate those small yellow helicopters that fly back and forth really fast. They are a total death-trap for me.... ?

RR(23030)S13.jpg.4cee76d4611d542ea9d469a756480bb2.jpg

Good progress you’re making though! See if you can stay away from those little helicopters when you can. Safety first!

• Like 1

Rankings Update:

(After The Dreadnaught Factor)

1. IntyFanMatt [+186]
2. Rickster8 [+178]

3. BiffMan [+151]

4. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+145]
5. mr_me [+106]
6. JacobZu7zu7 [+98]
7. Ace24 [+79]

8. fakecortex [+63]
9. Player One [+56]
10. hoosierdadee78 [+54]
11. Intelligentleman [+48]
12. gar0u [+37]

13. roadrunner [+24]

14. jblenkle [+21]
15. JasonlikesINTV [+19]

16. popsicle [+16]
17. Mangia-boy [+13]
18. Popsicle [+12]
19. ed1475 [+11]
20. Jimmy KDawg [+7]
21. Oscar G. [+6]
22. S.BAZ [+4]
23. dpisacane [+3]
24. cmadruga [+1]

Random Fact:

First time we had NO TIES in the standings this season :)

• Thanks 4

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

WOW! And you even said you weren't gunna play this again after I posted my last score.  So I guess that was all smoke and mirrors then? HAHA!

Nice job Biff!

Nah, no subterfuge involved.  I actually got that score yesterday because I couldn't bring myself to play another damn game of Dreadnaught Factor but still wanted to play something.  Can't play River Raid very much since it gives me vertigo for a good 30 minutes afterward.  ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Rankings Update:

(After The Dreadnaught Factor)

1. IntyFanMatt [+186]
2. Rickster8 [+178]

3. BiffMan [+151]

4. INTELLIVISION SPARTAN [+145]
5. mr_me [+106]
6. JacobZu7zu7 [+98]
7. Ace24 [+79]

8. fakecortex [+63]
9. Player One [+56]
10. hoosierdadee78 [+54]
11. Intelligentleman [+48]
12. gar0u [+37]

13. roadrunner [+24]

14. jblenkle [+21]
15. JasonlikesINTV [+19]

16. popsicle [+16]
17. Mangia-boy [+13]
18. Popsicle [+12]
19. ed1475 [+11]
20. Jimmy KDawg [+7]
21. Oscar G. [+6]
22. S.BAZ [+4]
23. dpisacane [+3]
24. cmadruga [+1]

Random Fact:

First time we had NO TIES in the standings this season :)

@JacobZu7zu7 #16 and #18 (popsicle / Popsicle) need to be removed. He is one player. He has 28 total points now which puts him at 13.  ?

Edited by Rickster8
Changed a word

1 minute ago, BiffMan said:

Nah, no subterfuge involved.  I actually got that score yesterday because I couldn't bring myself to play another damn game of Dreadnaught Factor but still wanted to play something.  Can't play River Raid very much since it gives me vertigo for a good 30 minutes afterward.  ?

Well, nice job!  So did you see how they start spreading out the fuel in longer intervals, making it harder to survive?

1 minute ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Well, nice job!  So did you see how they start spreading out the fuel in longer intervals, making it harder to survive?

Oddly enough, I didn't have as much problem with that since I usually speed up when I get to half fuel as I did with the "Chopper Alley" and "Ship Stream" areas where they put in a really tightly spaced grouping of like 6+ choppers and ships respectively.  Lost a life in each of those areas.

I was sure I was on pace for 100k before I got stupid and threw away 3 lives right at the end trying to take a fork I should have just avoided.  The good and bad of this not being random is you can learn from your mistakes, or choose not to as I did.  ? 

14 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Oddly enough, I didn't have as much problem with that since I usually speed up when I get to half fuel as I did with the "Chopper Alley" and "Ship Stream" areas where they put in a really tightly spaced grouping of like 6+ choppers and ships respectively.  Lost a life in each of those areas.

I was sure I was on pace for 100k before I got stupid and threw away 3 lives right at the end trying to take a fork I should have just avoided.  The good and bad of this not being random is you can learn from your mistakes, or choose not to as I did.  ? 

Awesome.  Yeah I think 100k is doable actually.  Just gotta hit all those fuel depots and be smart with the "fork" decisions, lol.  

My FINAL River Raid Entry: I FINALLY GOT THE PATCH BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

For some reason this was absolutely dreadful for me to get. I cannot tell you how difficult this sh*t was, but it's OVA NOW and I ain't playing this one again until Jacob picks it again HAHAHHAAHAAHAHA!!!!!! Hopefully not for another 10 years..... ?

RR(46630)PATCHS13.jpg.ba361d386366d244a3be74ff106ad0eb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rickster8 said:

My FINAL River Raid Entry: I FINALLY GOT THE PATCH BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ???

For some reason this was absolutely dreadful for me to get. I cannot tell you how difficult this sh*t was, but it's OVA NOW and I ain't playing this one again until Jacob picks it again HAHAHHAAHAAHAHA!!!!!! Hopefully not for another 10 years..... ?

LOL!  Congrats Rick!  You endured the pain and got it done.  Now sit back, have a beer, and celebrate.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Thanks 1