Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season 13 - Game 14 - River Raid

Recommended Posts

River Raid Quick Scoring Update: (Updated thru post #75)

 

 

85,920 - IntyFanMatt [+2 set new record][+2 Patch Bonus]

77,610 - Biffman [+2 Patch Bonus]

46,630 - Rickster8 [+2 Patch Bonus]

23,950 - roadrunner 

17,220 - popsicle

15,270 - Mangia-Boy

13,740 - JacobZu7zu7

 8,030 - jblenkle

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

My FINAL River Raid Entry: I FINALLY GOT THE PATCH BONUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😁😜

We knew you could that patch, great job!! 

 

I presume Jacob will get around to mailing them all out to us sooner or later... 😁

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

We knew you could that patch, great job!! 

 

I presume Jacob will get around to mailing them all out to us sooner or later... 😁

It was an unbelievable struggle, for 11 days couldn't break 25k, today it just kind of all blew up into my best game...... 👍

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games Won Update: (I spoke to Jacob, this is how he wants to score double wins on ONE game. x2, but still just one win.... 

 

7 IntyFanMatt - Shark! Shark! / Pac-man / Worm Whomper / Pitfall / Star Strike / Beauty & The Beast / Dreadnaught Factor x2

3 BiffMan - Auto Racing / Utopia / Frog Bog x2

3 INTELLIVISION SPARTAN - Night Stalker / Pitfall / Tron Deadly Discs

3 Rickster8 - Space Armada / Auto Racing / Frog Bog 

2 mr_me - Star Strike / Bump 'N' Jump

 

Edited by Rickster8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 11:11 PM, BiffMan said:

I, for one, appreciate you making it unnecessary for me to play any more since there's no way in hell I'm getting that high. Lol. 

 

That said, with potentially unlimited extra lives, I imagine silly scores are very possible on this game if you get a groove on. 

Oh but there was a way.... 😜

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Oh but there was a way.... 😜

Yeah, a lack of common sense and self control can overcome many an obstacle. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Yeah, a lack of common sense and self control can overcome many an obstacle. 🙂

So are you gonna try and tackle the monster that is Matt once again on this one? 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

So are you gonna try and tackle the monster that is Matt once again on this one? 😜

Dunno. On the one hand, I only played that last game because Dreadnaught Factor was annoying me so much. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure 100k is doable, and my last game didn't end satisfyingly, so we'll see. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to be having a good day, yesterday and this morning... time to get a weekend RAID on, gonna see how I do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2020 at 11:08 PM, BiffMan said:

I presume Jacob will get around to mailing them all out to us sooner or later... 😁

 

MALE-ING? 200.gif

 

Oh mail...

 

Time to make the Patches...

Muppets GIF

Ouch! hot branding *fffffwwww*

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took playing off and on all day to break 10K.  Doubt I can do better before the deadline.

 

 

IMG_5183.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, conceding this one...  Took two shots at it and got in the 50s and 60s, but now nauseous again, so enough for this game.  🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Okay, conceding this one...  Took two shots at it and got in the 50s and 60s, but now nauseous again, so enough for this game.  🙂

Ahh man. I knew you would try again though lol. Good match Biff!! 👍🏻

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally getting a score up for this one. I'll be honest guys, I've been sinking my video game time into the 2600 HSC, especially for the last few rounds and now the brackets. But I can't completely neglect the INTV. I was a bit River Raided out from playing it over there and in the Colecovision HSC this year. Not a bad version here tho, from what I've played. I am looking forward to spending some more time on Dracula this week tho 🧛🏼‍♂️

 

13,140

1244998434_RiverRaid2020-10-2519_13_40.thumb.png.e2ef596af89d2d9fb22dda46d91582e6.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Small increase, will give it another go before the night's done. Even if it wasn't intentional, I do like being able to fly over the grass. Mixes it up a bit from the other versions. And excuse me if it's been said before, but are people noticing a double shot sometimes? I destroy a lot of fuels by accident that way. And speaking of, they are so big! Good for when you need fuel, bad for when you shoot em before getting to em.

 

14,560

1048144002_RiverRaid2020-10-2519_26_07.thumb.png.199519ffae59f1baff1a6b9a30e67d41.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Small increase, will give it another go before the night's done. Even if it wasn't intentional, I do like being able to fly over the grass. Mixes it up a bit from the other versions. And excuse me if it's been said before, but are people noticing a double shot sometimes? I destroy a lot of fuels by accident that way. And speaking of, they are so big! Good for when you need fuel, bad for when you shoot em before getting to em.

 

14,560

I also love being able to fly over the grass, it actually adds a little strategy to it too, so that’s great. As for the double shot, you can avoid that by pressing the side button very quickly for only 1 shot. I think this version is very well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I also love being able to fly over the grass, it actually adds a little strategy to it too, so that’s great. As for the double shot, you can avoid that by pressing the side button very quickly for only 1 shot. I think this version is very well done!

Ah, I'll try...but on emu might be hard. Using a dualshock3. Can't own every intv game...or can I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fakecortex said:

Ah, I'll try...but on emu might be hard. Using a dualshock3. Can't own every intv game...or can I?

I believe you can download every single one of them, including several homebrews as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

River Raid Quick Scoring Update: (Updated thru post #100)

 

 

85,920 - IntyFanMatt [+2 set new record][+2 Patch Bonus]

77,610 - Biffman [+2 Patch Bonus]

46,630 - Rickster8 [+2 Patch Bonus]

27,300 - JacobZu7zu7

23,950 - roadrunner 

17,420 - fakecortex

17,220 - popsicle

15,270 - Mangia-Boy

13,050 - Player One

10,800 - Gar0u

 8,030  - jblenkle

 

Edited by Rickster8
Added in another score.
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I believe you can download every single one of them, including several homebrews as well.

Yeah, I emu the one's I don't own, but it's definitely less fun that way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...