IGNORED

Green light but black screen

Robert Dyke

Hi - I have seen similar posts on this forum, but none seemed to conclude really. Here's hoping anyone can help.

I have a UK Jaguar, AV cable to S-video + audio phonos and an old Alba TVD, original power supply and a few games.

Doubled checked all connections, but when I power on the TV screen just goes black, but I have the green light on.

There's no logos, or red screen of death that I've seen mentioned here. I've waited, tried multiple times. I took the cover off the jaguar and gave it a good blow to see if it was dust - still no joy.

Is it toast essentially? I can't return it to the eBay seller as I bought it a while back and it's taken me ages to get an old TV to try it out.

Any help gladly appreciated! Worse case is it worth anything a parts to people?

Cheers,

Rob

13 hours ago, Robert Dyke said:

Hi - I have seen similar posts on this forum, but none seemed to conclude really. Here's hoping anyone can help.

That is because it is almost impossible to fault find the Jag the faults like that without a diagnostic cart (I believe the ROM is available) and a field service manual that indicate that signals and voltage you should expect to find at various points.

Do you get an audio, such as the Jaguar Roar and tumbling letters sounds?

If so that should at least show it is booting and the indicate the problem may lie more in the video side.

If not then about all you can really do is check the internal 5V are as they should be and possible that the oscillator is working (probably read between 1 and 2 volts on a mult-imeter) and that the reset lines to Tom, Jerry and the 68000 are going high and they are not being held in reset.

• Like 1