IGNORED

Recap 1050 Drives

Kylev

Hi,

I am looking to see if there is someone in the Cincinnati area who can perform some electronic resurrection work on a couple of old 1050 disk drives.

One is a Happy enhanced drive and the other is stock. Both have old leaking capacitors that need replacing.

If reasonably close to Cincinnati, I can meet for a physical transfer of equipment and for payment for service. Otherwise, I can arrange for shipping (both ways) and payment via PayPal or cashier's check.

Any takers?

I’m nowhere near Cincinnati, but when you find someone to do the work, here’s where you can get a set of caps: 

https://console5.com/store/atari-1050-floppy-disk-drive-cap-kit.html

I got new caps for for my 400 here.  Maybe they’re cheaper elsewhere, but I like supporting those that make kits like this.

Edited by Smokeless Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Mathy & Smokeless Joe,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I will look up Paul's contact information and get in touch.

I will also look at both of your suggested sites for information about the caps and voltage regulators.

Lastly, sorry for taking so long to respond. I have not been back to this forum in a while.

• Like 1

gilsaluki,

Sorry, I did not mention you in my reply.

I can't find any AtariAge members for Paul V. Alhart. It is probably my poor understanding of how to do that here.

Can you either PM me with that contact information, or point me to a topic where he posted something?

4 hours ago, Kylev said:

gilsaluki,

Sorry, I did not mention you in my reply.

I can't find any AtariAge members for Paul V. Alhart. It is probably my poor understanding of how to do that here.

Can you either PM me with that contact information, or point me to a topic where he posted something?

He's not an AA member, his contact information has been posted already.