FarmerPotato

Bringing up "Geneve 2020": Debugging Help Please!

18 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Try the xdt99 suite by @ralphb for assembling and making a binary image.  I use xas99, program Flash chips, and plug them in.

Here's the Makefile I use (under Cygwin) to assemble and get a binary.  You'll need to separate the high and low bytes into separate EPROMs. I made my life simpler by using the same EPROM in both sockets, with the low address bit hardwired to 0 or 1.

@FarmerPotato : Thank you, I will check these out in the next few days...

12 hours ago, TheBF said:

I was thinking of a Forth ROM for further hardware exploration but it will need some RAM to work in so first things first.

Once you have RAM,  Forth gives you a nice debugger environment where you can test all the hardware for validity interactively or write simple test programs in Forth or Forth Assembler, to exercise the hardware.

I can cross-compile an image with 9902 communication support.  I have a version running on TI-99.

I have not finished documenting my Forth cross-compiler so I have not shared that yet. It runs in DOSBOX at the moment.

Yes, thank you for the encouragement and info , ... and the TI hardware seems to have such a great Fourth implementations and community. I'll definitely be discussing with you further once I have my RAM sorted out.  ... I am also thinking that perhaps I will pick up a TI-99 at some stage to complement the /189  (it's older cousin).

Thanks all for the kind words and feedback. I will let the thread get back to it's primary Geneve 2020 debugging mission now.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 7:28 PM, devorn said:

Yes, thank you for the encouragement and info , ... and the TI hardware seems to have such a great Fourth implementations and community. I'll definitely be discussing with you further once I have my RAM sorted out.  ... I am also thinking that perhaps I will pick up a TI-99 at some stage to complement the /189  (it's older cousin).

Thanks all for the kind words and feedback. I will let the thread get back to it's primary Geneve 2020 debugging mission now.

You're welcome to drop in--your TM990/189 shares quite a bit of the same challenges.

Now that I've got my ROM corrected, I'm going back to the 9902 stuff. I might even look at the 990/189 schematics!

• Like 1