IGNORED

Fall is the best time to play Atari.

Keatah

Fall is the best time to play "Atari" here in the northern hemisphere. Cozy-up time. The wind, the leaves, the light rain off and on. The dynamic sky with fast-moving clouds. Crystalline cool air. Holidays coming'round the corner. New toys being advertised on TV. A time of hot-soup and having the oven in use more for making frozen dinners and even elaborate full course meals.. A time to read tech books on computers and space and astronomy. Setting the clocks back to get an extended hour of late-nite playtime or watching then contemporary Sci-Fi. Slot cars, model trains, Mattel handhelds, LED & VFD calculators.. Time to think about getting a full-size micro like an Apple II or others. So much to do. So much discovery in this new electronic frontier. It was awesome to have been there!

Today was the first day this year like that. And the first time I remember such days started back in 1977 more or less, having just purchased my VCS from TurnStyle. And I put "Atari" in quotes because the word Atari was quickly adopted for anything having to do with electronic entertainment. "Playing Atari" often meant Intellivision or Apple II or whatever was in vogue during the time the phrase was popular.

So what was your favorite time to play Atari?

• Like 3

Here in Port Townsend, WA and nearby Seattle as well, it's (in typical Northwest flavor) raining and here in PT at Bishop Park there is a heavy gust of wind, indeed a good time to stay indoors and play Atari, just so long as the power doesn't go out due to the wind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, same. Fall is always the start of 'retro season' for me. It usually lasts through spring when more outdoor hobbies (astronomy, photography, hiking etc) start demanding more time. There's something about just curling up with some cocoa, a few old favorites and a blanket or robe when it's dark and the rain is pattering against the window.

It tends to be reading season, for the same reason.

• Thanks 1

Strange...I've been playing more Atari 2600 lately due to the Fall season settling in. Must have been "automatic"..and my Xbox gets used for Netflix more while I play Atari. Starting to play Haunted House more as well, due to the holiday season. Hot cocoa goes well with Atari nights. :)

• Like 1