IGNORED

Want to get your wife into your TI hobby and have her make some money too?

Omega-TI

There are a lot of new toys floating around out there that have come out in the past few years like 32K sidecars, TIPI sidecars, new speech synthesizer sidecars and the like.  One problem is, while there is currently a dust cover available from time to time on Ebay for the console, you hardly ever find something that can be used on these new devices.  What's more, even if there was, it wouldn't match.  

Now many of us cherish and want to protect our classic pride and joy, but let's face it, at the risk of being politically incorrect, most guys suck when it comes to sewing.  Sadly, most of us here are 'older', so there is a good chance the wives of TI'ers here have the skills necessary to make covers for our equipment.  So, what does that mean?  It means you might be able to get your wife interested in our hobby since she could make a few bucks off us for doing something she likes.  I'm sure more than a couple of guys would like covers for Christmas.

Covers.jpg.09c124bcd7f19f58e5ac4b869e328c64.jpg

• Like 1

Yup, I saw that. Once I can find that pretty case I will go to your store and by the tipi. Else I will gut one of my Speech cases
Pretty much going to sell out pretty soon so if you want one I'd get one now.not sure how many more will be made depends on demand and the manufacturer

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

I designed them both. (the enclosures in the picture. I am in physical possession of the very same enclosures at this very moment. They are intended to be sent to Omega TI once I am finished with the post-print cleanup)

They only look sexy like that after aggressive post-printing rework.  See the "Speech synth for Beige TI" thread.  It's been an ongoing trainwreck, where I decided to throw my chip into the ring.

When I am completely satisfied with the models, I will release them as .STP and .STL files.  (The former being useful for people who want to use CAD software to make changes.)

I am a big fan of the Open Hardware model.  There are people out there with much better printers than my cheap chinese knockoff i3 clone.  If they want to print and sell those enclosures, I am down with that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3