IGNORED

Living Tomb game

Keneg

I downloaded this game from tigameshelf.net.  The disk version is supposed to auto load from extended BASIC.  It loads part way and then quits with the LED on the TIPI solid on.  I then have to use tipi:9900 to reset the TIPI before it will respond to the TI again.  The load program has 3 lines.  I have determined that the issue is in the end of the last line.

3 CALL LOAD(“DSK1.TST”):: CALL LINK(“RUN”)

I loaded it in classic99 and it works there.  There is also a file on the site with a bin suffix, I couldn’t get my FG99 to recognize it at all.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

I downloaded this game from tigameshelf.net.  The disk version is supposed to auto load from extended BASIC.  It loads part way and then quits with the LED on the TIPI solid on.  I then have to use tipi:9900 to reset the TIPI before it will respond to the TI again.  The load program has 3 lines.  I have determined that the issue is in the end of the last line.

3 CALL LOAD(“DSK1.TST”):: CALL LINK(“RUN”)

I loaded it in classic99 and it works there.  There is also a file on the site with a bin suffix, I couldn’t get my FG99 to recognize it at all.

Any ideas as to what is wrong?

What's the log file say

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

I see a spam of attempt to open a non-existent file on the TIPI log perhaps it's got some hidden file on the disk not copied to the tipi drive

So it just won’t work on the real hardware.  Bummer!

7 minutes ago, Keneg said:

So it just won’t work on the real hardware.  Bummer!

It does work on the real hardware, I'm going to take a leap here and assume you have a TIPI but not a real disk drive?  I noticed that when I use the XB loader as well as the Editor/Assembler after it loads the program off of disk, it accesses my Lotharek HxC (my physical DSK1.)  

DSK1.PNG.b628025c2a9e9630f094c1cd2e3a5d65.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.4165ada8df554446ee7e432ccfca755e.PNG

The TIPI log file confirms the disk access, although I know not what it's doing, maybe some sort of rudimentary protection?  However when I did a directory of 1100.DSK1. there was no matching file.

9 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Maybe it's inverted.

Use the disk image (attached below) and use the TIPI's web interface to upload it.  It'll create a directory called WARZONE2, not LIVINGTOMB like it should.  Anyway after you do that type OLD TIPI.WARZONE2.LOAD in XB, type run and see what happens.  

If you are using Force Command type LOAD.TIPI.WARZONE2.LIVINGTOMB

Lvtomb.dsk

Edited by Omega-TI
Added disk file

I find it's easiest to use the browser...

The interesting thing about this is that is accesses the physical disk drive, even after setting the virtual DSK1. on the TIPI to WARZONE2 this suggests, at least to me it's accessing the controller card by address.
It's looking for a non-existent file tipi will pass a request to the other controllers if it doesn't exist in the tipi drive

• Thanks 1

On my real hardware I can run the game also with CALL TIPI("DSK1.LIVINGTOMB").

I can also run it with CALL TIPI("TIPI.mypath.LIVINGTOMB")

If I run any EA5 game from a tipi maped drive I always see a floppy access on the real DSK1.

I find this weird for other games this one definitely is doing something weird