IGNORED

MiniMemory RAM >7048 - >7117

senior_falcon

The work I am doing on the XB 2.8 G.E.M. loader is pretty much done. I do have a question about ram usage in MiniMemory.

Specifically, what is ram >70F8 to >7117 used for. The MiniMemory manual says it is Internal Data Storage. When using the assembly loader with CALL LOAD(filename), I see no signs of activity there.

What is this used for? Does the assembly loader ever make any use of this memory?

7 minutes ago, senior_falcon said:

The work I am doing on the XB 2.8 G.E.M. loader is pretty much done. I do have a question about ram usage in MiniMemory.

Specifically, what is ram >70F8 to >7117 used for. The MiniMemory manual says it is Internal Data Storage. When using the assembly loader with CALL LOAD(filename), I see no signs of activity there.

What is this used for? Does the assembly loader ever make any use of this memory?

From The Smart Programmer, July 1986. I made use of this information when digging into using the RAM for the Infocom interpreter. 

There is more here than you asked about and it doesn't fully answer your question, however, it may provide a clue or two.  Per this info, the space is used for variable storage (temporary).  It isn't clear to me if this is for utilities such as STRREF and NUMASG, or some other purpose.  (Has anyone ever disassembled the mini memory ROM?).

image.thumb.png.5a76bc0b35c66d7f52dfcce0b2b4c20e.png

image.thumb.png.2c107fd47f719fce9d59f8702ee71185.png

image.png.9687564ad402399f6329167c5eb5bdee.png

From Thierry's site in the Mini Memory section (and as @HOME AUTOMATION just posted above)  :

http://www.unige.ch/medecine/nouspikel/ti99/download.htm#disass

A6040  DATA >70F8,A660E       NUMASG
A6044  DATA >70F8,A66FE       NUMREF
A6048  DATA >70F8,A6768       STRASG
A604C  DATA >70F8,A6888       STRREF
A6050  DATA >70F8,A6966       ERR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Thanks for all the responses! That's very helpful. I disassembled the minimemory roms but what's posted here is WAY better than what I did. The comments will be very helpful!

(For what it's worth, this is only the first part of the code.)

Edited by senior_falcon
  • Like 1