IGNORED

Crazy ebay prices

erichenneke

6 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

He hasn't even cleaned the mold off the plug ?

That, my friend, is what validates their authenticity, and makes them such a great deal at that price (especially considering the free shipping :-o ). Personally, I wouldn't let those babies go for less than a grand -- if I was so lucky to be the owner. Museum-piece condition IMHO.

Anther thing is, he's providing this extremely valuable piece of information in the listing description -- which I'm sure most sellers, and buyers, are totally unaware of -- and really shows his knowledge and expertise in the field. 

"Wired paddle controllers (one pair) for Atari Flashback 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. This unit contains two paddles connecting to one socket. You need to purchase two units and connect to two sockets for four players."

For high-end, discerning customers only...

Edited by MrFish

46 minutes ago, MrFish said:

That, my friend, is what validates their authenticity, and makes them such a great deal at that price (especially considering the free shipping :-o ). Personally, I wouldn't let those babies go for less than a grand -- if I was so lucky to be the owner. Museum-piece condition IMHO.

Anther thing is, he's providing this extremely valuable piece of information in the listing description -- which I'm sure most sellers, and buyers, are totally unaware of -- and really shows his knowledge and expertise in the field. 

"Wired paddle controllers (one pair) for Atari Flashback 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. This unit contains two paddles connecting to one socket. You need to purchase two units and connect to two sockets for four players."

For high-end, discerning customers only...

I don't know,  I mean $400 to let me play 4-player 2600 Warlords?  Send like a fair deal.  ;)

• 1 month later...

Here is a real crazy one, check out this price for a NOS 65XE:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Atari-65XE-Personal-Computer-PC-Brand-New-NTSC-N-American-Matching-Serial/164367090056?hash=item26450ac188:g:d34AAOSwqWFfUTNg

Remember the one I picked up from a few weeks ago???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-65XE-COMPUTER-64K-RAM-NEW-NTSC-US-COMPATIBLE-from-Atari-MEXICO/141600282861?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Guess WHO got the better deal, and from Bruce at B & C (myatari) at that!!! :) And it came in in perfect condition too and in less than a week via UPS!!!

Edited by BIGHMW
grammar, spelling

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, kheller2 said:

I don't think this was on ebay, but one of those app things for the phone, a very rare silver basic cart with Rev B.  $1000.

https://offerup.com/item/detail/980441323/

Maybe it is super rare.  But, not $1000 rare.

The seller, or a previous owner, probably swapped the Rev.B ROM from an XL/XE machine for the Rev.C from this cartridge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mytek said:

Super rare bull shit. Or maybe not so rare, all things considered ;) .

According to the FAQ, there were no B carts, but the first C's did have the c1982 Atari Inc. silver labels.  Which begs the question why did Atari have silver label BASIC cart labels that were not used... I don't think any C chips were produced until late in the 800XL run, in 84. So did Atari plan on pushing silver carts for the 1200XL?

6 hours ago, BillC said:

The seller, or a previous owner, probably swapped the Rev.B ROM from an XL/XE machine for the Rev.C from this cartridge. 

Three or four XL owners in our user group did exactly this BITD; a couple even swapped it into brown BASIC cartridges.  Their reasoning was that it gave them a fallback in case Rev. C had incompatibility issues.

I don't think they ever actually used their Rev. B cartridges.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Finding some great deals this evening. Don't miss out. 

Chop shop sale $2,000 800XL+1050+1010 sight unseen https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-800xl-computer/164838844200 but excellent condition boxes I must say

$700 yellowed 800 https://www.ebay.com/itm/293796002544 but don't worry it's untested

Edited by Sugarland
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2