IGNORED

Crazy ebay prices

erichenneke

7 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I actually just put up a 130XE mug, I shall do an XL one but it'll be an 800XL

https://www.redbubble.com/people/choccyhobnob/shop?artistUserName=choccyhobnob&asc=u&iaCode=u-mugs

How awesome to see something I designed just popping up like that, it's made me grin all day!

So you would have designed/sold that mug?

• Like 1

I've just done a 600XL one, I went for the 800XL but the 600XL fit better on the mug shape. 

7 minutes ago, Mazzspeed said:

So you would have designed/sold that mug?

Yes I do some illustration work, mostly of retro things and I upload the finished art to RedBubble who offer a Print on Demand service, RedBubble will put my art onto all sorts of products that I decide to make available. Once the art is uploaded, RedBubble does everything else, keeps 80% for itself and gives me 20% of any sales.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

I've just done a 600XL one, I went for the 800XL but the 600XL fit better on the mug shape. 

Yes I do some illustration work, mostly of retro things and I upload the finished art to RedBubble who offer a Print on Demand service, RedBubble will put my art onto all sorts of products that I decide to make available. Once the art is uploaded, RedBubble does everything else, keeps 80% for itself and gives me 20% of any sales.

That's where she got it, Redbubble!

That's great, so glad to support a fellow member. I'll tell my Wife about the 600XL mug!

Edited by Mazzspeed
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

A few great deals of the new month of August 2021. Hurry.

$1200 tested Vintage ATARI 800 Computer + 810 Disk Drive All working Nice condition

$300 untested Vintage Atari 130 XE And Atari 1050 800XL Compatible For Parts/ Repair 1050 doesn't work

and the finale

$2500 4 New old stock unopened ATARI 800XL's HOME COMPUTER in FACTORY BOX  The extra ~$1000 in markup is from the shipping box with matching serial #s, obviously. Ultra paranoid customs staff will slice into it for you with razor blades. That adds resale value.

Edited by Sugarland

The prices for atari 8 bit stuff on ebay and locally in my opinion are bull. I been trying to get a 600xl forever and leep walking away when they go up to $300 or more… my first computer was the 600xl and i want exactly that machine back in my collection but im not paying 300+

22 hours ago, Sugarland said:

$2500 4 New old stock unopened ATARI 800XL's HOME COMPUTER in FACTORY BOX  The extra ~$1000 in markup is from the shipping box with matching serial #s, obviously. Ultra paranoid customs staff will slice into it for you with razor blades. That adds resale value.

If playful_corner and son.of.sun got together, they could form a powerhouse cabal of perpetually-unsold Atari hardware the likes of which the world has never seen.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, bfollowell said:

$35 for a couple of pieces of paper?! Seems pretty expensive to me!

I got that in a stack of Atari manuals for which I paid about 20 EUR. I am always torn between not really needing any documentation and all paper needing space and enjoying to have that stuff "hands-on" like it was in the 1980s.... 

I have to admit that this one is particularly useless....

3 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

Maybe I should try selling my smelly old tennis shoes.  I am sure someone famous once stepped where I have stepped.  Come on, start the bidding!

smelly old shoes are a staple on epay, many sell for more than the exact same brand and style that is offered direct and new for far less. I wonder how that keeps happening? Is the world truly 80 plus percent stupid or is it really a money laundering scheme on a diabolically large scale?

2 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:
6 hours ago, gilsaluki said:

Maybe I should try selling my smelly old tennis shoes.  I am sure someone famous once stepped where I have stepped.  Come on, start the bidding!

smelly old shoes are a staple on epay, many sell for more than the exact same brand and style that is offered direct and new for far less. I wonder how that keeps happening? Is the world truly 80 plus percent stupid or is it really a money laundering scheme on a diabolically large scale?

Why questions it?  Japan is known for school girl panty vending machines.  Sucker born every minute they used to say.  Now, I think it's tens of thousands of suckers born every second.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stephen said:

Why questions it?  Japan is known for school girl panty vending machines.  Sucker born every minute they used to say.  Now, I think it's tens of thousands of suckers born every second.

Yeah, I remember being there 20+ years ago and seeing an alcohol vending machine where you could buy not only Kirin and Sapporo beer, but you could even buy a glass magnum of wine. They had vending machines for darned near anything.

• Like 2