IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Bronze Medal Bracket

Vocelli

Bronze Medal Bracket

Season 10

Winner: IsaiahAustin

Congratulations!!

CLARIFICATION: No use of CHEATS, emulation advantages, bugs, cart frying or other variables that gives you an unfair advantage in this HSC. Please assume you have to follow the game difficulty and mode for the playing week/s. There cannot be any game enhancements or favorite settings to play in the 2600 HSC, unless you are given authorization to do so by your humble yet strict MODERATOR! Vocelli

For NEW Players who are not familiar with the Bracket Challenge:

I will randomly pick a game out of hat.

You will compete ‘Head-to-Head’ against another HSC Player.

If you WIN, you will advance to the next round.

If you lose you will be put in the Paper Medal Knockout Tourney!

The winner of this Bracket will get to secretly pick a game for Season 11!

Round 3 (The Finals) STARTS Nov 10 ends Nov 22, Midnight (EST) 

2 Weeks and 3 Games! Whoever wins 2 Games wins it all!

21)   IsaiahAustin                              vs     23) LaurenTyler

Playing: Dolphin                                        AMAZING!                                             156240

Playing: Astroblast                                          51575                                               72450

Playing: Frogs and Flies (A/A)                             76                                                     64

Round 2 STARTS Nov 3 ends Nov 8, Midnight (EST) 

Please note the QUICK WEEK!

17)  PatLarocque ~ 55600

Vs

21) IsaiahAustin ~ 65000 - Winner

Playing: Adventures of Tron

Winner will advance to the Finals. 

3 Games... 2 Weeks

23)  LaurenTyler  ~ 60750 - Winner

Vs

19) DrMooCowz ~ 50620

Playing: Jr Pac-Man

Winner will advance to the Finals

3 Games... 2 Weeks

Round 1 ends Nov 1st, Midnight (EST)

17) PatLarocque ~   60660 - Winner

Vs

24) AtariWarlord ~ 0

Playing: Pole Position

Winner will play the winner of 20v21

20) Cwieland ~ 130050

Vs

21) IsaiahAustin ~ 355850 - Winner

Playing:  Joust

Winner will play the winner of 17v24

18) FakeCortex ~ 76450

Vs

23) LaurenTyler ~ 76600 - Winner

Playing: Defender II/ Stargate (No Right Joystick used)

Winner will play the winner of 19v22

19) DrMooCowz ~ 21540 - Winner

Vs

22) JacobZu7Zu7 ~ 21440 

Playing: Espial

Winner will play the winner of 18v23

Post your scores right here in this thread, and we will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else.

Games

Pac-Man

Ms. Pac-Man

Stargate/Defender II (NO RIGHT JOYSTICK USED)

Joust

Stampede

Crackpots

Dolphin

Cosmic Commuter

Kool-Aid Man

Picnic (Difficulty B/A)

Frogs And Flies (Difficulty (A/A)

River Raid

Death Trap ( X Mode)

Enduro

Pole Position

Rescue Terra I (Mission 1)

Condor Attack (Game 0. Default)

Espial (Game 1)

Adventures of Tron

Spiderman

Spiderdroid (Left Difficulty A/)

Ms Galactapus (If you did not this game during the regular season... I will redraw)

City Defence (Expert) (If you did not this game during the regular season... I will redraw)

Dog Gone it! (If you did not this game during the regular season... I will redraw)

Circus Atari (Game 6 A/)

Astroblast

Laser Gates

Jr. Pac-Man

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 3

Let the Game begin!

Remember:

Post scores often (it makes it more fun that way).

Use only NEW scores.

Smack talk... like, 'YOUR ARE GOING DOWN"!

IF YOU LOSE... it is not over. You will be put into the Paper Medal Knockout Tourney!

And most of all..... Have fun!

• Like 2

Haha, so I wanna say, @Lauren Tyler "YOU ARE GOING DOWN!", but I don't have that much confidence in this game. Looking back at the original round, you scored one place above me, so it'll be as much of a fair fight as it can be, I suppose. I will say this, "YOU ARE GOING to play defender II/stargate."

And @Vocelli, I'm guessing you're still updating the post, but...when does this first round end?

• Like 3

@fakecortex I was just lucky.  Either way, we'll see how well this turns out! May the best player win!

EDIT: First score, 33,750

I found by taking my time and focusing on zapping enemies while making sure to help humanoids in distress worked better than rushing around!

Stargate (1984) (Atari).png

Edited by Lauren Tyler
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lauren Tyler said:

@fakecortex I was just lucky.  Either way, we'll see how well this turns out! May the best player win!

EDIT: First score, 33,750

I found by taking my time and focusing on zapping enemies while making sure to help humanoids in distress worked better than rushing around!

Oh snap, more than double your original score! Noice. Thanks for the tip!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Oh snap, more than double your original score! Noice. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah, keep your ears open for the humanoids calling for help.  But don't rush around in an attempt to save the humanoids from being captured.  Just take your time and if you hear a humanoid, immediately try to locate it.  If you find a stargate, it will take you to the nearest humanoid in distress.

Slightly higher score: 35,000

@fakecortex - Don't give up! I'm sure you're gonna give me a run for my money!

Stargate (1984) (Atari)_1.png

• Like 3

Ok, I'll stop spamming this thread now that I've gotten a *slightly* higher score. I am really liking this game now (even with this wacky 1 joystick challenge...but it's all I know haha). I had like 4 extra lives when I lost (accidentally shot!) my last humanoid, and man can those lives go quick once that happens.

Oh yeah, and back to Stargate ?

656740373_Stargate2020-10-2821_44_45.thumb.png.af0b2f20c35ca96271376c831013ff3c.png

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Lauren Tyler said:

My pulse still hasn't stopped racing.

Holy moly, nice! That’s a freakin’ leap. Once all the humanoids are gone, the score doesn’t increase fast, and that’s always happening to me in the late 50Ks, letting me squeeze out a little more. But 71k? Oof, I feel like I’ll need to keep those little guys alive for a few more waves. 

• Like 2

Don't worry @Lauren Tyler, you're still in the lead ?

Yeah, it's only 50 points, but I played for so long... Anyway, I was really just gonna ask, are you typically able to warp twice in a row (1 to 4, 4 to 7)? I'm able to once in a while, but it doesn't necessarily give me my highest scores. I find that around wave 8 and 9 my humanoids start dropping like flies and my lives are soon to follow. If I manage to survive past the humanoids, the attacks are crazy and the cheap deaths come fast. I'm trying to hold on through till the end of wave 10 and then have my little guys replenish. Do you happen to know if they will replenish on wave 11 even if you have *gasp* 1 left going in? Or do you have to *double gasp* kill your last guy to get em all back? I think that's actually the case based on what the manual says as well as my experimenting with wave 6 when they're restored the first time.

And of course, back to Defender II. Gotta keep things interesting.

1381651076_DefenderII2020-10-2921_55_46.thumb.png.b47172408b3baeb937bcfe323734333b.png

• Like 2