IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Paper Medal Knockout Tourney

Vocelli

No score update for me as my feet are waterlogged and lost the key to the spaceship cockpit.

Congrats everyone on a great paper metal finals and season! 

I joined mid season just to see how my score measured up to those of all the great Atari players in HSC.   Somewhere along the way I caught the competition bug and it has been a blast!

Thanks to @Vocellifor your efforts running HSC and see you all next season!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vocelli said:

Waiting until someone else can confirm.... Oyamafamily wins the Paper Medal.

Checking everything over twice.

Does anyone see any mistakes?

Will make it official after everything is comfirmed.

Yes Oyama wins according to my calculations too.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, oyamafamily said:

Last efforts:

Jr. Pac-Man  63,810

(Took me many attempts and resets to beat my previous score; this game requires MUCH MORE concentration to reach 60K range or more)

Stargate  126,700

(I made it to Wave 13)

842127410_Jr.Pac-Man(1986)(Atari)_4.thumb.png.28f0e9e61d1f0fa6c17c3b6a50b32a4c.png

Stargate (1984) (Atari)_4.png

Great job Oyama...you are a great all around player...looking forward to playing you next season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gbag said:

Yes Oyama wins according to my calculations too.

Maybe since there were 6 in the final there can be one winner and two people who choose games for next season.  I had the high score on two of the three games but that’s the way the cookie crumbles.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oyamafamily said:

Hi Vocelli, there's a correction to make: @AtariSphinx score is 49,640 in River Raid (SEE post #144 in this topic).

@AtariSphinx and other finalists: PLEASE, double check the final leaderboard after the correction mentioned above.

Correct,there is an error now though it was correct last night.  Looks like the numbers got transposed. Should be 49,640.

My other scores are correct. 

My stargate strategy is quickly fly around and kill all but 3 - 5 humans. Then slowly let the remaining humans get captured and rescue them over and over...do not kill any of the things that steal humans unless they are abducting a human.  This is especially important for levels above 10 because it’s simply too fast and hectic otherwise.  You hover over the humans and use the radar and you should be able to do 10+ k per level.  I think I got to level 14 or  15.  Did that make sense?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gbag said:

My stargate strategy is quickly fly around and kill all but 3 - 5 humans. Then slowly let the remaining humans get captured and rescue them over and over...do not kill any of the things that steal humans unless they are abducting a human.  This is especially important for levels above 10 because it’s simply too fast and hectic otherwise.  You hover over the humans and use the radar and you should be able to do 10+ k per level.  I think I got to level 14 or  15.  Did that make sense?

Thanks.  Makes sense.  I rescued the humans till level 10 then I actually killed all the humans around level 10 and fought in space.  It was easier for me but scoring is more limited even though was able to hit 116,900.  

56 minutes ago, gbag said:

Any jr pac tips... I was grinding that game and could barely compete with you guys.

After completing the Root Bear maze (green maze on NTSC TV type), you enter the yellow, red, orange and then green maze again in the sequence, which are originally balloon, train, cat and Root beer mazes, respectively. My tips: 

- Practice with the following game variations: Balloon, Train, Cat and Root Beer levels with 4 ghosts, including red ghost named Blinky.

- Keep your eyes open to Blinky, the most aggressive and fastest ghost.

- Draw the 4 mazes mentioned above and highlight the "danger zones", which are areas in which you get trapped by two or more ghosts easily. Then, use these areas with extreme caution!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gbag said:

Any jr pac tips... I was grinding that game and could barely compete with you guys.

For me the breakthrough to get 40k+ scores was trying not always stay as far away as possible from the ghosts which was counter intuitive for me.  Let them come close, leaving an escape route, the run to the other side eating as may pellets.  Draw them close again then run to the other side.  Repeat and don't get greedy.   And make sure to get the toy candies when safe as they are 5k points each.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oyamafamily said:

After completing the Root Bear maze (green maze on NTSC TV type), you enter the yellow, red, orange and then green maze again in the sequence, which are originally balloon, train, cat and Root beer mazes, respectively. My tips: 

- Practice with the following game variations: Balloon, Train, Cat and Root Beer levels with 4 ghosts, including red ghost named Blinky.

- Keep your eyes open to Blinky, the most aggressive and fastest ghost.

- Draw the 4 mazes mentioned above and highlight the "danger zones", which are areas in which you get trapped by two or more ghosts easily. Then, use these areas with extreme caution!

Great advice Oyama...I can tell from this you are a very wise person.  Congrats again on winning!! I am realizing as I get older I am MORE of a sore looser.