IGNORED

Brand New Atari 7800 Cartridge Shells

Starwander

Up for sale are my brand new Atari 7800 cartridge shells. I took the liberty of making some in a variety of colors I like however since I own the mold I can make other colors as well. These are made in the USA. 

The shells are designed off the original however do not feature the latches and instead have two pegs at the end to keep the two halves attached. Seems to work fairly well on my testing. These should fit most PCB boards however there seems to be a variety of boards used so I cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. They worked with the original PCB boards I tried. 

They are $5.99 each plus shipping and come with the center screw. These are in hand and ready to ship. Website To Order From

I also own a mold for Atari Jaguar shells and Sega Genesis shells if anyone needs either of these. They are both USA molds as well. 

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Black Picuture 1.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Black Picuture 2.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Clear Picuture 1.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Clear Picuture 2.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Blue Picuture 1.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Blue Picuture 2.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Green Picuture 1.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Green Picuture 2.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Red Picuture 1.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Red Picuture 2.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Yellow Picuture 1.jpg

Atari 7800 Cartridge Shell Transparent Yellow Picuture 2.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Gotcha, I would add clear, people love clear carts.  Especially if they contain one of my PCB's.

Also, not that I care for samples, but didn't you say they were going to be $3.50, like the Genesis and Jaguar shells?  Or was that a bulk price?

• Like 1

Gotcha, I would add clear, people love clear carts.  Especially if they contain one of my PCB's.

Also, not that I care for samples, but didn't you say they were going to be $3.50, like the Genesis and Jaguar shells?  Or was that a bulk price?

Yes, kinda like these. But these don’t have any cool CPUWIZ pcbs. But you did an amazing job on these. cf2ff1948b2299f10387a43f10769708.jpg
06d7b65e1c3b44f68ceb5a64d28dc3fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

The market demand for new Atari 7800 shells seems to be much, much smaller than I anticipated and given the large investment I am forced to treat these as a niche item with therefore a higher price. 

On 10/14/2020 at 8:42 PM, Starwander said:

Up for sale are my brand new Atari 7800 cartridge shells. I took the liberty of making some in a variety of colors I like however since I own the mold I can make other colors as well. These are made in the USA. 

The shells are designed off the original however do not feature the latches and instead have two pegs at the end to keep the two halves attached. Seems to work fairly well on my testing. These should fit most PCB boards however there seems to be a variety of boards used so I cannot guarantee 100% compatibility. They worked with the original PCB boards I tried. 

They are $5.99 each plus shipping and come with the center screw. These are in hand and ready to ship. Website To Order From

I also own a mold for Atari Jaguar shells and Sega Genesis shells if anyone needs either of these. They are both USA molds as well. 

Atari 7800 Shell Black Picture 1.JPG

Atari 7800 Shell Black Picture 2.JPG

Atari 7800 Shell Ice Picture 1.JPG

Atari 7800 Shell Ice Picture 2.JPG

Atari 7800 Shell Jungle Green Picture 1.JPG

Atari 7800 Shell Jungle Green Picture 2.JPG

Atari 7800 Shell Watermelon Picture 1.JPG

Atari 7800 Shell Watermelon Picture 2.JPG

the clear/color cases are sweet!

4 hours ago, Starwander said:

Sure please send any comments via PM. The mold itself is finalized however the cannot be changed. 

Oh, I think it's only fair that the comments are posted publicly so people know exactly what to expect

of these shells when buying from you.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Shawn said:

Oh, I think it's only fair that the comments are posted publicly so people know exactly what to expect

of these shells when buying from you.

1) They don't perfectly fit the custom PCB boards he uses. These were designed to fit the original PCB boards made by Atari.

2) He did not like the fact the original Atari 7800 shells have the top holes. I duplicated the original shells and included this feature as it was found in the original shells

3) He would have preferred the snaps rather than the pegs. I agree the peg design is not as strong as the snaps however I personally hate the snap design. The pegs are not designed for repeated assembly and disassembly and may break off if you try to do so just like the snaps. They are not required to keep the shell closed though, there is a central screw that holds the two halves together. The pegs are simply extra. 

4) They are to expensive. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Starwander said:

1) They don't perfectly fit the custom PCB boards he uses. These were designed to fit the original PCB boards made by Atari.

2) He did not like the fact the original Atari 7800 shells have the top holes. I duplicated the original shells and included this feature as it was found in the original shells

3) He would have preferred the snaps rather than the pegs. I agree the peg design is not as strong as the snaps however I personally hate the snap design. The pegs are not designed for repeated assembly and disassembly and may break off if you try to do so just like the snaps. They are not required to keep the shell closed though, there is a central screw that holds the two halves together. The pegs are simply extra. 

4) They are to expensive. 

Those are all major problems. The holes should have been filled, the tabs should never have been removed, those dimples might have been ok if they didn't break off so easy but the do. Not being able to fit boards that are measured to the millimeter VS atari originals should fit perfectly, people using new shells are more likely than not using these new pcbs. At least 80 percent of games on new PCB's made in the last 10 years have CPUWIZ boards inside them. They are too expensive for what they are. The market for proper product of this type is very strong and hungry, not weak as you said previously in justifying the price tag. Maybe not Genesis strong but way stronger than the Jaguar. Multiple people offer Genesis shells so there was a chance the 7800 shell could have been your best seller as you would have no competition from other sellers.

You made changes to the original to suit your own thoughts on the matter of what is best which does not suit the buyers you want to sell these too. I myself would have bought hundreds of them form you and I know others who would have bought just as many and more. You didn't do any wacky stuff to you your Jaguar or Genesis shells so why the hell did you do this to the 7800 shell? You had a chance here to be the only game in town. If you had a proper shell and a reasonable price you would have been set. You are offering neither unfortunately. Again, it's not a weak market that will hinder your sales but a poor execution and a price that isn't palatable or justifiable to the people who would have otherwise bought large amounts of these from you.

44 minutes ago, Shawn said:

At least 80 percent of games on new PCB's made in the last 10 years have CPUWIZ boards inside them.

Since 2003, 17 years and all 7800 games from the AA store since, come on my PCB's.  I could probably ask the peeps in China, how many PCB's I had them manufacture, but it is well over 10,000, I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1