IGNORED

Status updates removed

roadrunner

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Albert said:

People who feel compelled to share their religious and/or political beliefs with everyone here, which is against the rules.

..Al

Ok, but can i ask why this status update about voting is allowed and i can't make updates?
updates about Canada voting is ok?

-

Omegamatrix

Voting day in my province... results will take 2 weeks as mail-in ballots are going to be huge! 
  4 replies

1 minute ago, roadrunner said:

Ok, but can i ask why this status update about voting is allowed and i can't make updates?
updates about Canada voting is ok?

-

Omegamatrix

Voting day in my province... results will take 2 weeks as mail-in ballots are going to be huge! 
  4 replies

It is neutral but still political related. Hard to draw any other line.

3 minutes ago, Albert said:

I don't care if someone states that they voted, but if you want to espouse your personal political beliefs (such as which candidate you are voting for), that goes over the line.  If that bothers you that much, well, I'm sorry.

..Al

I didn't say who i was voting for,
If i remember correct , i asked why is every celeb telling me to vote for a certain person
I didn't even get a warning and none of the other mods removed it when they seen the update
Took almost a day to get removed

2 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

I didn't say who i was voting for,
If i remember correct , i asked why is every celeb telling me to vote for a certain person
I didn't even get a warning and none of the other mods removed it when they seen the update
Took almost a day to get removed

Because anyone paying attention knows who the celebrities are asking people to vote for (Biden), and your status update was clearly designed to get other people to respond to it since obviously you don't agree with those celebrity opinions. As for why it took so long to remove, moderators and myself are not hovering over the status updates to nuke any that break the rules.

..Al

8 minutes ago, Albert said:

Because anyone paying attention knows who the celebrities are asking people to vote for (Biden), and your status update was clearly designed to get other people to respond to it since obviously you don't agree with those celebrity opinions. As for why it took so long to remove, moderators and myself are not hovering over the status updates to nuke any that break the rules.

..Al

I'm sorry if i broke any rules
I wasn't looking to get anyone else in trouble.
just wanted to discuss it, looks like AA is very strict about discussing this stuff.

5 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

just wanted to discuss it, looks like AA is very strict about discussing this stuff.

I can appreciate that, but unfortunately when the forum was fairly young, discussions on politics and religion (mostly politics) would almost always become heated and people would get angry with one another.  It was bad enough that at one point I walled off the "Politics & Religion" forum and far fewer people had access to it at that point.  It's mostly been dead, and with the current political climate, I decided to close it off completely.

AtariAge is primarily focused around discussions of video games, which should be a subject everyone can talk about with a jovial tone, at least most of the time.  Also, I (and I'm sure most others) really don't want to know the political and religious leanings of individual members.  Again, if someone says they voted, fine, and that is right on the line.  Beyond that, I don't really want to see it here.  Same goes for religious posts, but those are much less often an issue, thankfully.

..Al

• Like 4