IGNORED

SpideX (new home brew) Released for the Atari Jaguar

phoboz

I release a new homebrew for the Atari Jaguar today, the game is called SpideX.

It was originally released in 2019 for the Vectrex, however, I have re-worked all the graphics (now featuring raster graphics)

The new game now also has a 2 player mode, and music by Rimsky-Korsakov, and Khachaturian.

It can be ordered here: http://tjocktv.se/product/spidex-atari-jaguar/

Enjoy

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Machine said:

Is a box gonna be available or is Carl gonna have a CIB version?

I hope that someone is willing to help me with this? So let's see what happens...

This was actually my first project for the Jag, but I shifted focus to Wormhole for a while. Then I got the opportunity to test my games using a Skunkboard (thanks to the person who helped me with that).

Out of all my projects for the Jag, this was just so much fun to play, so I thought it would be a shame to not release it. As this game was really my learning project (did some mistakes in the beginning), I had to apply what I learned to this game, and to make some final touches on the presentation.

In one player mode you can control the spider using the D-pads on both joy-pads. One for the walk direction, and the other for the fire direction. In both one, and two player mode you can either use the numeric keypad for the fire direction, or hold button B to toggle between fire mode, and walk mode.

The game idea itself is quite well tested by all people who played it on the Vectrex. I have implemented changes based on the feedback I got from them.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Sauron said:

That game looks both fun and challenging. Are there any plans for binary download sales once the Jag GameDrive hits full circulation?

That might be a good idea once the GameDrive hits full circulation. The game would also need to be thoroughly tested on the GameDrive before such release.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 3:42 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Is a Jaguar CD release of this possible, from a memory standpoint?

I don't know. I am not so familiar with the Jaguar CD, but why is this interesting?

The game fits on a cartridge, so I don't see the point of having a CD release.

Also I don't have access to a Jaguar CD rom drive, so it would be quite difficult from a practical point of view.

However, the game is to large to fit all of it in the Jaguar RAM at the same time, so it must have the cartridge. This is manly due to the music.

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...