IGNORED

Atari Hotels -- how did I miss this?!?

kheller2

I'll be amazed if the first hotel in Vegas gets built, and doubly amazed if it looks anything at all like the renders.  I'm sure Vegas is hurting right now because of COVID, and it'll probably take a while for the city to recover.

There are some new renders here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PEIQt4jSaGfQgHRCtJolnz0TmX56s40v

..Al

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kheller2 said:

That looks tiny by Vegas standards!

37 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Simply insane, the world is heading towards economic meltdown and some pillocks think an Atari themed hotel will be the next big thing..

Good point, maybe they should make something for people stuck at home, like an Atari Box or something :)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mclaneinc said:

Simply insane, the world is heading towards economic meltdown and some pillocks think an Atari themed hotel will be the next big thing..

Can I have the self isolate penthouse please or the not going to make it suite

This was announced in January 2020, well before the gravity of COVID-19 in U.S. could be realised; and planning and conceptualizing would have been far before that.

I remember hearing about it on AtariAge somewhere in the early part of the year.

Edited by MrFish

I covered this when the news first broke (Pre-COVID).  Not likely to happen, if it ever was gonna happen. Neat idea, nostalgia for the 80s is a thing, I guess.  But, I don't think this would have really seen the light of day.  People only have so much expendable money.  I think this would have a very narrow appeal (overall, speaking).   

Oh, I just noticed a quote by a somewhat famous gaming industry icon, Nolan Bushnell at the bottom of their Vision tab.  Now (other than the Pong and 2600 success) Nolan is known for his successful ventures..right?  Wrong, although he has some doings with what is now called Chuck E. Cheese, all his other "visions" have fallen flat.  I certainly am NOT criticizing him, but his win/loss record is something like 3 wins, 11 losses.  Bless him for trying though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Albert said:

I'll be amazed if the first hotel in Vegas gets built, and doubly amazed if it looks anything at all like the renders.  I'm sure Vegas is hurting right now because of COVID, and it'll probably take a while for the city to recover.

There are some new renders here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PEIQt4jSaGfQgHRCtJolnz0TmX56s40v

..Al

What I don't understand about those renders is that if you look on both sides of the hotel, I see what looks like the Stratosphere on one side and then what looks like the Transamerica Pyramid building in San Francisco on the other side. What is the Transamerica Pyramid building doing in a render of a Las Vegas hotel?

On 10/16/2020 at 5:13 PM, gilsaluki said:

Oh, I just noticed a quote by a somewhat famous gaming industry icon, Nolan Bushnell at the bottom of their Vision tab.  Now (other than the Pong and 2600 success) Nolan is known for his successful ventures..right?  Wrong, although he has some doings with what is now called Chuck E. Cheese, all his other "visions" have fallen flat.  I certainly am NOT criticizing him, but his win/loss record is something like 3 wins, 11 losses.  Bless him for trying though. 

3 Wins, two of which are household names is pretty impressive though, more than most entrepreneurs whose names aren't Steve Jobs or Elon Musk. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, zzip said:

3 Wins, two of which are household names is pretty impressive though, more than most entrepreneurs whose names aren't Steve Jobs or Elon Musk. 

Yeah, Nolan is a visionary.  I admire his spirit.  It is said that those people that are successful have had many more failures than successes.  It's just the successful people refuse to give up. However, back to the subject...these Atari Hotels will most likely never take flight.