IGNORED

Analogue's Next FPGA Console Tackles Kanye West's Favourite System: The PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16

This is cool that they are soldering on... but I kind of wish they'd instead make more of their past products?

Would be cool for people to have more chances for the Super NT or the Mega Sg. 

Not to mention the quickly sold out Analogue Pocket isn't even out yet...

EDIT - Nevermind they still have some of the Mega Sg. 

Edited by KeeperofLindblum
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm aggravated about the Pocket system.  Now they're trying to push a NEC module for it, and even if that did come up for pre-order, what's the point if you can't get the system that'll use it?!  I want to get in on this run of NEC stuff but it's looking painful.  I don't care to get into optical, rather have the handheld, and if I needed to go TV with it, there will be a dock.

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Yeah I'm aggravated about the Pocket system.  Now they're trying to push a NEC module for it, and even if that did come up for pre-order, what's the point if you can't get the system that'll use it?!  I want to get in on this run of NEC stuff but it's looking painful.  I don't care to get into optical, rather have the handheld, and if I needed to go TV with it, there will be a dock.

I agree that although the turbo combo they are making sounds great, I didn't get a chance to buy the pocket even though I literally waited on it to the second it started orders. I don't personally understand how you run out of pre orders unless there is a hardware quantity issue. 

8 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

I agree that although the turbo combo they are making sounds great, I didn't get a chance to buy the pocket even though I literally waited on it to the second it started orders. I don't personally understand how you run out of pre orders unless there is a hardware quantity issue. 

I don't either.  They should just keep re-opening preorder windows, then they can find out how much hardware to actually make to sell through.  It's a common practice done a long time in the game industry on the game side.  Atlus did it best, but even bigger companies on specific titles did it too like Capcom with DS Ace Attorney games.  You choose to do say a 100k run, when it's out, you see how much whining is online, and then run up another 20k copies, and if they go, do another or maybe half that.  You get everyone who wants one a game(or in this case, preorder on a system) so that you're not stuck with unsold inventory but also not leaving tens of thousands if not more in profit on the table for dickless scalpers.