IGNORED

Pacem In Terris xex gfx glitches

Poison

I found xex version of great demo Pacem In Terris, but cca in half of demo are gfx glitches to the end of the demo. I tested it on real HW with U1MB and with emulator Atari 800Win Plus 4.1 (1MB, 320kb Rambo and Compy) and Altirra 4.0. And it the same situation. Can it be fixed ?

error.png

Pacem In Terris.rar

Edited by Poison

16 minutes ago, mistapaul said:

try this, not xex, but works

pacem.7z 225.12 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you, but I have atr images. I share this xex because i would like to know if is the problem with HW or emulators or in xex file. And xex file does not take full floppy, and I can put next demos in xex on real 360kb floppy :)

Haha, caught!

You probably got it from the 1MB image "Demos22.ATR" which I did several years ago for Sven Gleich. The megademo images were updated by me with MyPicoDOS and I also added dozens of new demos. Some of these demos were originally multi-file/multi-disk demos which I simply made into one file demos by using DOS and copy + append function.

With many demos (e.g. Numen) this worked fine, but alas, it seems not to work with Pacem in Terris. Guess I never watched the single file version until the end, so I never noticed that it is buggy. Hopefully someone can create a fully/bug-free working XEX, e.g. by using the multi-ATR version above...

DEMOS22_PIT_buggy.zip