IGNORED

Some Oculus Quest 2 Owners are Getting Banned From Using Their Headsets

Probably because a bot is thinking you're making two accounts.

But the real question is, why would you need to login into any sort of online account to use a piece of hardware? This pathetic trend is of course tied to further expansion of datamining and it's sad that it's just being accepted.

• Like 3

Disgusting.  Luckily, there is a workaround through VorpX and Dolphin.... at least you can use those without logging into FB. I can imagine Palmer Lucky is both happy and annoyed at what his creation became. Happy because of the 500m pay out but clearly annoyed at the 'always online' nonsense that is pervading computer culture. Has the handover actually done anything to improve Oculus?

Edited by CaptainCanadian

On 10/19/2020 at 7:23 AM, zzip said:

the main thing stopping me from buying an Oculus is FB

Same, I was gonna get an Oculus Quest II, you have to login in with faceplant to use it - FAIL, not creating an account.  Plus those idiots already announced it won't work anymore at all in 2 years. :roll:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Plus those idiots already announced it won't work anymore at all in 2 years. :roll:

Happen to have a link for that, by chance?  Could be my crap searching skills, but I'm not finding anything.  Girlfriend an I picked one up, and are on the fence about keeping it, but that might be the thing that pushed us to send it back.

6 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Happen to have a link for that, by chance?  Could be my crap searching skills, but I'm not finding anything.  Girlfriend an I picked one up, and are on the fence about keeping it, but that might be the thing that pushed us to send it back.

Sounds like some confusion. Owners or the OG Quest before October are grandfathered for 2 years before they have to connect a FB account to the device. So the Quest 1 "won't work" anymore in 2 years...if you refuse to make a FB account for it.

Not a problem for Quest 2, as you can't use it without the FB account from day 1.

• Like 1