IGNORED

A little TI humor...

Omega-TI

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, jrhodes said:

I have one hooked up to my pi with a usb keyboard.

Tempted to replace my pi 3B+ with a pi 400 setup...

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home

pi400.png

Wow, that looks like a complete docking station!  Currently I'm only using my F18A powered TI-99/4A w/USB WIFI keyboard VIA a K/V/M shared with two Dell laptops and a Dell mid-tower providing TI support (HDX, DIR & Printer).  Oh, yeah, a NanoPEB F18 V1 provides the connectivity.

RetroBill (fdos)

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 7:41 PM, jrhodes said:

I have one hooked up to my pi with a usb keyboard.

Tempted to replace my pi 3B+ with a pi 400 setup...

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-400/?resellerType=home

pi400.png

I just ordered one of these, hopefully I can figure out how to use MAME and other cool things with it. 

On 11/26/2020 at 10:50 PM, DavidC said:

Cool, but...the keyboard is the 400.  and stuff. 

I understand, different strokes for different folks.   To me though, that configuration would force me into being tethered to one spot with the power, cord, video cable and everything hanging off the back side.  With the Argon One case I'm free to move about with a lightweight keyboard.  Of course there are also KODI users that need no keyboard at all!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 6:30 PM, DavidC said:

I just ordered one of these, hopefully I can figure out how to use MAME and other cool things with it. 

I am posting with mine right now. I am amazed at this little thing. 1.8GHz ARM quad core. What?!

I woke it up without a hitch. It has everything I could imagine needing including Libre Office. I can't get over how complete it is.

I will explore Linux with it for my own education. At the current price it is hard to beat.

I will have to figure out how to GForth on here.  :) 

15 hours ago, TheBF said:

I am posting with mine right now. I am amazed at this little thing. 1.8GHz ARM quad core. What?!

I woke it up without a hitch. It has everything I could imagine needing including Libre Office. I can't get over how complete it is.

I will explore Linux with it for my own education. At the current price it is hard to beat.

I will have to figure out how to GForth on here.  :)

Yeah, I love this little 400.  Pretty sweet.   I installed GForth the other day after watching this guy....

I used the raspberry PI web site and an OP had posted all the secret incantations there so you just copied and pasted from your browser.

It's running on mine now too.  With the magic spells it was painless. Without help I would probably never figure it out.  :)

How to install Gforth from source to get the latest version! - Raspberry Pi Forums

• Like 1