IGNORED

Eight-bit hub

davidcalgary29

Okay, I haven't seen the 8-bit hub pop up in the Lynx sub-forum, but this could potentially be awesome. Multiplayer online Lynx gaming? I'm in!

So from what I can see, comLynx > serial port connection? 

Since I have a McWill'd unit with VGA output, I'd love to try to multiple player games with the kids at home on one Lynx. Does anyone know if any other games aside from "8-bit Slicks" supports this?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sage said:

i fear this will only work if they find a solution to avoid race conditions and transmit BRKs correctly. There is a reason that there is no well working Emulator<->Emulator or Emulator<->comlynx interface.

so you would say,the 8 bit hub is not worth to buy at the moment?

I'm quite impressed by the ambition behind 8bit unity and its achievements so far but I don't fully understand what to do with the 8bit Hub. For online gaming, you would need one hub and one cartridge per console to play checkered flag over the internet. Sounds like a very strong requirements to me... So that leaves us with SD card support, already accessible through many different SD cards, and a joystick port to... plug a different joystick to your console that already have one...

Don't get me wrong, I love this weird crazy accessories, but unless I missed something I don't see a strong reason to get one. 

4 hours ago, LordKraken said:

I'm quite impressed by the ambition behind 8bit unity and its achievements so far but I don't fully understand what to do with the 8bit Hub. For online gaming, you would need one hub and one cartridge per console to play checkered flag over the internet. Sounds like a very strong requirements to me... So that leaves us with SD card support, already accessible through many different SD cards, and a joystick port to... plug a different joystick to your console that already have one...

Don't get me wrong, I love this weird crazy accessories, but unless I missed something I don't see a strong reason to get one. 

Lynx aside, I think this has the potential to encourage the development of some pretty interesting cross-platform gaming. It doesn't look like the software's there at the moment, but we'll see what uptake is like. If Lynx cogaming issues are fixed, though, this could be pretty great.