IGNORED

Tomy Tutor keyboard group buy interest

jedimatt keyboard pcb group buy  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a group order of jedimatt's keyboard PCB

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Also, I have 40 of the Cherry switches left if anyone wants to buy them from me.  Offer me a fair deal and they’re yours. 

The switches are gone.

Not to hijack the thread, but we need to get a joystick adapter kit going too. Plan on gutting two NES controllers and wiring them to a mostly standard Atari pinout. (2nd fire button is what’s different.)

5933d9afe307781c8c7bfe0d8d45dcb1.jpg
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dhe said:

Hi,

Is the ROM socketed?

Would you mind uploading the code to the ROM?

Thanks,

Dan

The ROM on @tanam1972’s game adapter overrides the one in the Tutor.  It’s in a 27C512 and has both the US ROM 0 and the Japanese ROM0.  I don’t believe the ROM0 inside the Tutor has a standard pinout, but if you figure it out, you could write the ROM0 with the first 16K of my modified game rom and use it.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have my first one mostly soldered together and in a nice blue frame. The frames require some careful adjustment to make everything fit perfectly, but that is expected with large parts like this as the materials used will always have a tiny bit of random shrinkage. The slot the circuit card slides into probably needs to be between five and ten thousandths of an inch wider and deeper, but with a little work, everything fits perfectly. I have to start working on the other three--one more in a blue frame, one in a red frame, and one in a beautiful bronze-brown frame. This project is a lot of fun. . .

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

I have my first one mostly soldered together and in a nice blue frame. The frames require some careful adjustment to make everything fit perfectly, but that is expected with large parts like this as the materials used will always have a tiny bit of random shrinkage. The slot the circuit card slides into probably needs to be between five and ten thousandths of an inch wider and deeper, but with a little work, everything fits perfectly. I have to start working on the other three--one more in a blue frame, one in a red frame, and one in a beautiful bronze-brown frame. This project is a lot of fun. . .

I also noticed that my Pyuuta keyboard is slightly beveled on one side more than the other - this kept the frame from just dropping in.

• 2 weeks later...

I now have two of them assembled--except for the keycaps, as my keycap order is trapped in postal limbo somewhere in New Jersey. . .

I am having lots of fun doing this though, as it gives me something productive to play with that can be done mostly anywhere (removing the random minor bits of excess plastic from the frames is really relaxing (except when I accidentally stab myself with one of my beading files, LOL)).

• Like 1

Cutting new carpet for the car, and I poked my stupid finger, no not on the side, it has to be in the tip, anything else is half a* work. Then the blade would not stay in the holder that I just ordered, so I did the rest without the holder and was successful at cutting carpet and not my fingers. I'm so glad that's over though.IMG_20201211_112008950.thumb.jpg.a02abdd8d6ab5b21503a52ca07c502dd.jpg

IMG_20201222_151751838.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Milestone reached. I now have all parts to work on the keyboard project, the last two feel in to place Wed (Bezel) and Friday (key switches).

The key switches, where the first thing I ordered, about two months ago, from Mouser Electronics and where the last to arrive.

• Like 3