Allan

Labels for brown 'Atari' brand carts?

Can someone make labels for the brown original 'Atari' brand carts in the style of the front of the cart? It's such a pain to lift each one up to find the cart you want when you have them stored in a drawer. The cartridge end is flat so you could but a end label on it like 2600 carts. You could do this with the XE carts but many of them are not 100 percent flat so the sticker would most likely come off.

I could only find these end labels on my hard drive. Maybe Atari8bit.net has end labels for brown carts.

726425726_XEendlabels(300dpi).thumb.png.5b1d835d7898153f594e2bd1d3f098be.png

265374173_XLendlabels(300dpi).thumb.png.d528aa42d649f776424fcd3480f2b91b.png

• Like 2

Actually, I may have more. I don't have access to all my files right now; but I should by the end of the week; and I'll check it out.

6 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Actually, I may have more. I don't have access to all my files right now; but I should by the end of the week; and I'll check it out.

Thanks.

But if you put a label on the top end of the cartridge, how will you know which cartridge slot to use???  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, FlorianD said:

…and I wondered why I have soooo many copies of the game "LEFT CARTRIDGE"

Good point.  You really only need one, so you should send me all of your extras.  😀

• Like 1

Hello guys

The big question here is: "Who left it there and why?"  He or she obviously left it there on purpose, otherwise they wouldn't have put "Left cartridge" on it.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

Maybe it's just bad kerning and what it is supposed to say is, "Left Cart Ridge"?

It's actually a temporary manufacturing label indicating where a ridge was to be applied to the left cart.  Unfortunately, they used really cheap glue so nearly all of the left cart ridges have fallen off.  If you have one that still has the ridge, you can probably get a fortune for it on eBay! 

Every time I play left cartridge it seems to be a different game. Maybe some sort of randomising code?

On 10/19/2020 at 4:04 AM, MrFish said:

I was able to look at my other files. The end labels posted above are the only ones I have.

11 hours ago, MrFish said:

I was able to look at my other files. The end labels posted above are the only ones I have.

Thank you for looking.