IGNORED

Atari Corp Defender PAL release shocker

groundtrooper

So I have been looking for this bizarre Atari Corp Defender label variation ever since I saw a picture of it about 2 years ago. 

Well, in June I was searching on ebay.de and found a listing for this variation. The bonus was it was CIB and in decent shape and priced reasonably even with the exchange rate. 

The problem was the item was in Germany and the seller was not shipping to the USA because of COVID19 package size restrictions to the USA. 

I had to find a way to get this title. I sent @Marc Oberhäuser a PM asking for a huge favor. He obliged and bought the item. But the COVID19 restrictions were still going to be a hurdle to get the box to me. 

Marc figured out that he could ship it to Canada with no restrictions if I knew someone in Canada to be another middleman in this transaction. I had a friend that I had made via the AA Facebook group and I asked if I could have Marc ship to him and he then ship it to me. He agreed. So after 2 months the package finally got to me. I was very excited to have this checked off of my wish-list and the bonus being it was CIB. 

I have also been working with @daniel.inforede on his "little project" providing box scans and tab pictures of some of my Atari Corp titles. 

He requested a picture of the Part Number tab and the printing date tab on this box. I never really thought much about it. The back of the box stated it was an 1987 release. But when I took a picture of the tab and it was April 1992 my jaw dropped to the floor. 

Crazy. Atari Corp was still having boxes printed in Europe in 1992. Who would have thought?

Does anyone know of any other titles printed this late in the game for the 2600?

Photo Oct 19, 1 44 44 PM.jpg

Photo Oct 19, 1 44 28 PM.jpg

Photo Aug 08, 3 17 17 PM (1).jpg

Photo Aug 08, 3 17 11 PM (1).jpg

Photo Aug 08, 3 17 01 PM (1).jpg

Atari Corp Defender - PAL MultiLanguage 1987 box Printed in 1992.jpg

• Like 9

When I think of labels outside the curve like Defender (blue), Breakout (orange) and Hangman (gray), I always had doubts about the printing period! And here is a case. I was thinking about 1990 or maybe early 1991, but never in April 1992! The records indicate small quantities and always pointing to items from multiple languages. This is the newest box print log I've found so far!

I would like to share this with: @Philflound and @Random Terrain

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

Well, in June I was searching on ebay.de and found a listing for this variation. The bonus was it was CIB and in decent shape and priced reasonably even with the exchange rate. 

The problem was the item was in Germany and the seller was not shipping to the USA because of COVID19 package size restrictions to the USA. 

I had to find a way to get this title. I sent @Marc Oberhäuser a PM asking for a huge favor. He obliged and bought the item. But the COVID19 restrictions were still going to be a hurdle to get the box to me. 

Marc figured out that he could ship it to Canada with no restrictions if I knew someone in Canada to be another middleman in this transaction. I had a friend that I had made via the AA Facebook group and I asked if I could have Marc ship to him and he then ship it to me. He agreed. So after 2 months the package finally got to me. I was very excited to have this checked off of my wish-list and the bonus being it was CIB.

I am sending PlusCarts to the US since March this Year via USPS for €4,50. And shipping is mostly 6 to 10 days.

https://www.transglobalexpress.de

I am living near Frankfurt, so I don't need their pickup service for additional €10.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I am sending PlusCarts to the US since March this Year via USPS for €4,50. And shipping is mostly 6 to 10 days.

https://www.transglobalexpress.de

I am living near Frankfurt, so I don't need their pickup service for additional €10.

Having received a Plus Cart in the Mail from you Wolfgang I know shipping was fast. To be fair you are also shipping in a much smaller box than shipping a CIB Game with extra protection. Also I have know idea how long it took Marc to get the game from the seller and then turn around and ship it to Hugh in British Columbia and then how long it took Hugh to ship to me. I never had any tracking info for any of this. I am just thankful I got, and I understand that things take a little longer right now because of COVID. 

• Like 2