IGNORED

Wanted: Seven Games from Compute!'s Creating Arcade Games

ballyalley

18 hours ago, ballyalley said:

That seems like an enormous amount of software.  I'll have to dig into this list and, at random, I guess, pick a few programs/games.  I'll wait until my joystick adapter arrives to try any more games.  Is there a list of published BASIC software for the TI?

Adam

1 hour ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

@Schmitzi ...I Dunno.:ponder:

huuuu this is almost impossible, isn´t it ? ;)

But I just made 2 lists (TiB & XB) of what I have in my database.

Please find it here:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

Thanks for the link.  Here's some information about the Gamebase collection from looking it over:

Compressed Size - 419MB

Uncompressed Size - 758MB with 12,141 Files in 359 Folders

There are many thousands of disks in this collection (somewhere around 2,500; is that about right?).  I haven't installed the Gamebase, but does this collection include tape images too?  I didn't see any... but heck, who needs 'em, I guess, when you have the disks?

Thanks a million for putting this Gamebase collection together!

Adam

7 hours ago, Schmitzi said:

But I just made 2 lists (TiB & XB) of what I have in my database.

Please find it here:

When I asked for a list of TI BASIC software, I had no idea what I was in for from this (I thought) little community.  There are so many different lists there in that thread.  I browsed very briefly through just one list: the list of BASIC software: it's thirteen pages long!  I'm in over my head with this system, folks.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  We'll call it a fun thing, how's that?

Adam

• Like 2

Hello Adam @ballyalley :)

it was 2011 when I had the idea to start a complete Database on TI99iuc website. (maybe it is closer to your idea for the Atarimania DB like)

I also tried to explain how it is working now:

My target on it is to preserve all the files of the stuff i have already and also asked around to support my project.
I have some rules to preserve all the stuff and also i do not want easily just upload stuff already present in other website. 
For example all the stuff at the moment on my website is completely re-scanned and cleaned in hi-res and really low compressed.
An Example is the 99'er Home Computer Magazines I am finish to clean, I have all re-scanned them already (just missing first issues).

Sadly, no much people support this project and help, i'm still alone in doing most of the work and so it will need very much time.
I would be happy, if you like, to receive support and help. If you are be able to clean documents with minimal loss I can explain the rules I use for all the documents.
We could write in DM and i can create a user on the TI99iuc's Database. I really have already scanned lot of documents ti publish.

Also about software I am dumping hundreds of programs from floppies and they will need to catalog, and also for the software I have basically rules to follow.

this is an example Republic Software I published on the DB.
I will be also glad to consider any your ideas or if you have some suggestions too :)
anyway people that will want to help in my project will be always welcome! ;)

(On the left column on the TI99iuc website you can find a "translator button", it can help)

ah, and in 2015 some other enthusiasts also started another one project, a bit different compared to my idea but it exist :)

also @hloberg lately, started to create a database on his website, with still another different approach and style.

Edited by ti99iuc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ti99iuc said:

Hello Adam @ballyalley :)

it was 2011 when I had the idea to start a complete Database on TI99iuc website. (maybe it is closer to your idea for the Atarimania DB like)

That's a nice-looking website!  I'll use it in the future.  Sorry, but I'm just a TI-99 tourist and I don't have the extra time to devote to help to contribute to a database.  Besides my website, BallyAlley.com, devoted to the Bally Arcade/Astrocade game console, needs my time... and I've not spent time on it in quite a while.  Good luck with your TI database project; it's a grand idea!

I did play some TI and Extended BASIC games today on real hardware.  There are so good ones.  And, ya know, some not so good ones.  I wouldn't say any that I tried were bad, but they're pretty dated and slow.  Still, even some of the slow ones are fun.  The compiled games from TI Games Shelf that I tried all are pretty good.

I still find it weird that "lowercase" on the TI is just small uppercase letters.  Is this a holdover from the original TI-99/4 from 1979?

Adam

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ballyalley said:

I still find it weird that "lowercase" on the TI is just small uppercase letters.  Is this a holdover from the original TI-99/4 from 1979?

No. The TI-99/4 has only one set of uppercase - no lowercase - or just the same. The height of these characters are mostly 6 pixels, whereas the TI-99/4A has uppercase about 7 pixels and the "lowercase" at 5 pixels in height. The memory allocated in GROM for "lowercase" is 6 pixels high, maybe indicating that a more true lowercase was planned at some stage.

image.png.57302e540a1192914a80645fa3c2c8ee.png

On 10/23/2020 at 8:27 PM, ballyalley said:

When I asked for a list of TI BASIC software, I had no idea what I was in for from this (I thought) little community.  There are so many different lists there in that thread.  I browsed very briefly through just one list: the list of BASIC software: it's thirteen pages long!  I'm in over my head with this system, folks.  I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  We'll call it a fun thing, how's that?

Adam

yeah, a very good thing, big fun ? , and this list is just a glance of what there is :)

I have corrected list of Extended Basic programs.

(Header changed and years added)

https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=778722

have fun