IGNORED

Season 10 ~ FINAL STANDINGS and AWARDS

Vocelli

Congratulations Zilch Sr for the win!
Thanks Vocelli for organizing and running the season!

This was my first season and joined about midway after stumbling into the forum.  Was a blast!  Enjoyed competing against tough competition and the community aspect.

Favorites
Circus Atari - Love paddle games 
Astroblast - Love paddle games! Did I say that already?

Most Surprising
Enduro - Was never good at this before but with enough practice duri g HSC was able to get the patch which surprised me
Laser Gates - Needed to stratigze how to pilot t through 

Worst
Spideroid - Controls were not responsive enough for me
Condor Attack - Flicker and collision detection were bad

Looking forward to the metal rounds and next season!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Awesome job again to everyone who played. I had a lot of fun and I'm excited and a little nervous for the medal rounds, haha. Like many here, I started with the HSCs to put to good use all of these carts I've been collecting, but also to be introduced to some new stuff. Thank you to Vocelli for organizing an awesome season. I also really like the bonuses. They were a nice mix of score related and silly, that really made things interesting. I had a blast searching through my stacks looking for some things with wings, lol. Ok, so after much soul searching, my tops this season...

Favorites:

• Ms. Pac-Man - Felt like an obvious pick for me, but I almost put it under surprising b/c I didn't know how good, compared to the arcade, it would be. Turns out it's awesome and I'll continue to go back to it.
  • Stampede - I went into that round knowing I liked the game, but now I know that I really like it! I have a lot of room to grow, but it never got frustrating. I looked forward to playing it every time. (Yeah, duh, none of these should be a chore to play, but some games...)

Most Suprising:

• Kool-Aid Man - This is one I had to emulate, but I'd consider picking it up after having a lot of fun playing it. I was surprised b/c it was a branded game, which doesn't always bode well.
  • Death Trap - Don't own this one either, and I wish it was cheaper. A solid game that I was very proud to beat. And I wanted to keep going back to. I was surprised at the level of strategy involved. Very cool.

Worst:

• Condor Attack - I'll save the hundreds of dollars on a physical cart and go bird watching. Game got too sporadic and lasted too short to enjoy.
  • Spider-Man - I could never quite get comfortable with the controls, and it got too frustrating for me to enjoy. Put that one easily back on the shelf and most likely will not pick it back up.

While I'm here, I'll give Doggone It some love (sorry I didn't vote for ya!) but I really did like it :D

• Like 4

Maybe all of the votes are still being counted or are "lost in the mail" but I do appreciate those that listed Doggone It! as their favorite or most surprising game this season.  But a special thanks to everyone (at least so far) for not listing it as the worst game.  I imagine a few of you were tempted to do so.

I gave a shout-out to y'all over in the 2600 programming forum.  And yes, I did acknowledge @Rogerpoco for his high score.  Hopefully that isn't rubbing salt in any wounds.  I want to thank all of you guys and gals again for allowing Doggone It! to be part of the 2600 High Score Club.  You have broadened my horizons to the expanse of the AtariAge community, which is good for coding nerds like myself.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Armscar Coder said:

Maybe all of the votes are still being counted or are "lost in the mail" but I do appreciate those that listed Doggone It! as their favorite or most surprising game this season.  But a special thanks to everyone (at least so far) for not listing it as the worst game.  I imagine a few of you were tempted to do so.

I have not voted or listed anything, yet, but I cannot imagine anyone even considering for a second of placing Doggone It! as their worst game. It is a fantastic and original game, with all the details sticking tightly to the central premise: deliver packages in the least amount of time.  Much care and attention to detail went into making this fun gem and it shows. I am glad that you allowed it to be played here and that Vocelli picked it for the High Score Club, otherwise, I (and I assume others) would not have known about it.  Thank you,  I had a blast playing Doggone It!

• Like 8

I concur with McCallister. Doggone It! isn't merely a good game, it is a GREAT game. Original concept, skill level progression, great graphics, great storyline, fast-paced, easy to learn, impossible to master. You hardly ever find all of these elements in a 2600 title. Bravo, sir ... Bravo!

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 5

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, I had to go MIA toward the beginning of the tournament.  Wife lost her job and I had to pick up extra hours (a lot of extra hours) to help make up for the loss of income.  Since I wasn't able to devote time to compete at the level I normally would, I figured I'd bow out of the tournament rounds.

Unemployment was a fight and a half to get squared away, but now that that's kicked in, it does ease the strain a little bit, while she looks for a new job.  Here's hoping 2021 will start off with some good news on that front.  

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  I'm hoping to jump into the new season.  I'll have a little more time to play...hopefully.

Congrats to Zilch!  You are truly the VCS Master!  :)

• Like 3