IGNORED

TI-99/4a MiSTer Core

yell0w_lantern

On 6/15/2021 at 8:56 PM, tmop69 said:

Thanks a lot. My problem remains though, it's the one I mentioned on MiSTer forums. I can load EA5 games and also EA3 games without the starting label. But EA3 games, which need to use the label, fail.

Eg:

-I load the core

-load E/A using "Load Full or C" from MiSTer OSD

-mount a disk game in OSD using "Drive 1 *.DSK"

-choose "3  LOAD AND RUN" in E/A

-at "FILE NAME?" type DSK1.GAMENAME (eg KARATE)

-after that it stops for few secs and then I see "FILE NAME?" again. Don't get the "PROGRAM NAME?" prompt at all.

19 minutes ago, youxia said:

Thanks a lot. My problem remains though, it's the one I mentioned on MiSTer forums. I can load EA5 games and also EA3 games without the starting label. But EA3 games, which need to use the label, fail.

Eg:

-I load the core

-load E/A using "Load Full or C" from MiSTer OSD

-mount a disk game in OSD using "Drive 1 *.DSK"

-choose "3  LOAD AND RUN" in E/A

-at "FILE NAME?" type DSK1.GAMENAME (eg KARATE)

-after that it stops for few secs and then I see "FILE NAME?" again. Don't get the "PROGRAM NAME?" prompt at all.

Hit <ENTER>, then it should drop down to the Program Name.  With EA#3 files, the possibility of loading multiple EA#3 files exist before executing the Program Name.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, youxia said:

Is there any online database for TI games similar to Atarimania, or CPC-Power? I'm mostly interested in scans of inlays/manuals/ads/etc. The TI Gamebase is great, but it lacks such content.

The closest thing to an organized manual collection online is here. @pixelpedant has been adding to the collection quite regularly.

The other place you could go to get a lot of that type of data would be The Cyc from CADD. It comes with every purchased copy of PC99 (a TI emulator) and it more than worth the purchase price all by itself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Due to the recent updates for the TI99 core (the last has added the support for PAGED7 ROM, so now TI Calc is working), it's time for the update of my MegaPack for MiSTer!

The last official core (Ti994a_20200517.rbf) and the last unofficial beta (Ti994a_20210617.rbf) are included for your convenience. Hope to have included also all the latest homebrew games released in previous months...

All ready to run, as usual.

The V3.0 pack will be added soon also on the TI99IUC MiSTer page, with the update of the article (TI-99/4a on MiSTer).

TI99_MiSTer_FPGA_Core_SSS_Mega_Pack_V3.0.0_19062021_by_TMOP.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1980gamer said:

Any chance for a Collectorvision Phoenix TI99 core?

I am guessing the video portion can be reused from the work on the Colecovision core?

I would like to get a MiSTer, but I already has a Phoenix.

Looking at the official site, the Collectorvision is "out of stock" and there a no infos for a new stock, so I doubt it will get a TI99 core or other cores for it. Erik Piehl ( @speccery ) is listed in the development team of the Collectorvision and he also created the code for the TI99 FPGA that was then ported to MiSTer, so maybe he could provide more information on this.

MiSTer at the moment is the best choice for having a TI99 in FPGA. ? 

• Like 2

Thanks tmop,

I know several hundred Phoenix systems have been sold.  I am certain they have a 3rd run list started as well.

I am 100% Classic99 user at the moment, but it would be nice to have system connected to the living room TV like 1981...LOL  Parsec on the big screen! 

I know I could hook the laptop to it, but not the same thing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I am 100% Classic99 user at the moment, but it would be nice to have system connected to the living room TV like 1981...LOL  Parsec on the big screen! 

I know I could hook the laptop to it, but not the same thing.

Yes, it's not the same experience. MiSTer is offering an experience similar to the real hw (turn on, select the game and play) with a great HDMI output (and you can add scanlines...).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Any chance for a Collectorvision Phoenix TI99 core?

I am guessing the video portion can be reused from the work on the Colecovision core?

I would like to get a MiSTer, but I already has a Phoenix.

I too picked up a Phoenix on the hopes that there would a be a TI 99/4A core eventually made for it.  I was going to build my own core in the process of learning VHDL, but I got as far as getting the F18A test screen to show up before losing interest.  I noticed that the Phoenix CV core on github had a massive commit about 12 months ago... haven't gone through to see what changed.  Maybe someday.

• Like 3

I was/am part of the collectorvision Dev team, ported the Atari 2600 core for it and worked on that core. My Verilog version of the TI-99/4A, the icy99, is easier to port than my original EP994A I think. I will probably port that over to the Collectorvision - especially if there is interest as it seems. It would be a fun project. I wish I had more time to work on these projects. I have had the parts for MiSTer lying around now for 18 months, I wonder when I end up plugging the few pieces together…

icy99 is probably not as compatible as the current mister core, but it would be a start.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Updated MiSter TI99 core:

MiSTer TI99 Core

This fixes the Atarisoft full rom images broken on the last update. Plus it now utilizes the Caps Lock LED on the keyboard to indicate if the Alpha Lock is on/off and the Scroll Lock LED for Floppy Drive Activity.

I've tested the MiniMemory that was previously added and it works great (with an easy menu to load/save the NVRAM). Is there any documentation for the Mini Memory Plus V2.0 (1986, by Sebasoft), since the NVRAM load/save is not working with this module and the developer has no information on how to check.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mnielsenau said:

Is it just me or is the disk emulation broken on this build? I am unable to get a disk image to load on either DSK1 or DSK2 at this stage....

I've just tested the disk and it's working fine. Ensure to reset the core if you have previously loaded various SSS. It happened to me to have the XB loader blocked, but I've previously tested various module. After a full core reset (CTRL+ALT+ALT) it worked again without any problem.

Anyone has infos on the Mini Memory Plus?

It's great to see this core updated with very much needed features.  If we can get to running Realms of Antiquity, that would be something [emoji4]
It needs a dsdd controller or hard disk/tipi to do that. Have the game running fine just can't fit in a Dssd disk

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1