IGNORED

Atari 2600 / 7800 Arcade Joysticks

virtvic

I have just made this for a customer recently and thought you lot would like it?

2600 - Button 2 is wired to UP (for jumping that usually uses UP and diagonal up) - I'm thinking of making this switchable between UP and the 2nd Button for homebrew games that support it.

7800 - I can also wire these for the 7800 standard 2 button layout.

Atari2600_1.JPG

Atari2600_2.JPG

• Like 7

No, I don't do the Etsy thing, but I can make these for people, BUT!

I have a huge backlog of Vectrex joysticks I need to make before taking on any more work. I don't want to make people wait for ages.

I only take money when the things are actually made, too.

They are £60 GBP + postage at cost.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 4:54 PM, virtvic said:

I have just made this for a customer recently and thought you lot would like it?

That is *very* nice.  Have a couple of other hardware devices in line for acquisition before this joystick, but will definitely be sending you a PM when the time comes.

On 10/20/2020 at 4:54 PM, virtvic said:

2600 - Button 2 is wired to UP (for jumping that usually uses UP and diagonal up) - I'm thinking of making this switchable between UP and the 2nd Button for homebrew games that support it.

7800 - I can also wire these for the 7800 standard 2 button layout.

If you could make the switchable layout standard, that would be greatly appreciated.

It's something of a corner case, but I'm currently using a NES Advantage via a Tomee adapter for playing games on the laptop in my office.  I would gladly bump that aside for the Atari stick you've come up with and get a new USB adapter :D

2 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

That is *very* nice.  Have a couple of other hardware devices in line for acquisition before this joystick, but will definitely be sending you a PM when the time comes.

If you could make the switchable layout standard, that would be greatly appreciated.

It's something of a corner case, but I'm currently using a NES Advantage via a Tomee adapter for playing games on the laptop in my office.  I would gladly bump that aside for the Atari stick you've come up with and get a new USB adapter :D

I could also make these with a usb controller inside (a zero delay), but then it couldn’t be used with retro consoles & computers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 5:48 PM, x=usr(1536) said:

I think this would be difficult to do, as the up switch is just up and GND, whereas the Atari 7800 2nd button is not a straightforward pin and GND. If someone can show me how to do this with a switch, I'd be glad to do it.

• Thanks 1