IGNORED

Lists of North American early game release dates

ubersaurus

As part of my Atari Archive chronogaming video project I had to try and put together a list of Atari 2600 game release dates. And since I wanted to add context to those regarding when games came out on other platforms, it kind of snowballed... and seven years into this project, I've got pretty decent release lists for basically every US-released home game system between 1976 and 1984, plus the 7800.

Having all this locked up in messy google docs wasn't doing anyone but me any favors, so I took a few days to move all of that information over into a public-facing website. Hopefully this proves useful and informative! It's also a work in progress; as I find new information I would like to refine the dates here. Also considering uploading the various ad scans and such I've pulled from newspapers and magazines and having those linked, but one thing at a time!

https://www.atariarchive.org/release-dates/

• Like 1

Thanks for this.

Where can I see some of the sources referenced; specifically regarding intellivision:

Weekly Television Digest, October 15 1979; Weekly Television Digest, November 12, 1979; Weekly Television Digest, November 26, 1979

Edited by mr_me

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Thanks for this.

Where can I see some of the sources referenced; specifically regarding intellivision:

Weekly Television Digest, October 15 1979; Weekly Television Digest, November 12, 1979; Weekly Television Digest, November 26, 1979

I've just gone ahead and added in those as clickable links so you can see the reporting that was done. Will continue adding more links in the same vein over the coming days!

• Thanks 1