IGNORED

Intellivision themed face masks

Rev

48 minutes ago, Rev said:

Man Wolfy, it’s like the Wild West out there. 

Yes,there are some companies out there that are trying to reach a much larger audience of Intellivision merchandise purchasers than say,20 guys who have followed the Intellivision for 40 years who just want a specific shirt and hat to enjoy with a tiny virtual expo.

And,as an Amico investor and supporter who has already committed $1200. to that endeavor it kinda sucks for us major intellivision enthusiasts to be singled out as copyright violators.

It is what it is I suppose. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Yes,there are some companies out there that are trying to reach a much larger audience of Intellivision merchandise purchasers than say,20 guys who have followed the Intellivision for 40 years who just want a specific shirt and hat to enjoy with a tiny virtual expo.

And,as an Amico investor and supporter who has already committed $1200. to that endeavor it kinda sucks for us major intellivision enthusiasts to be singled out as copyright violators.

It is what it is I suppose. 

To be clear and fair, no one was singled out.  Our lawyers and sales people don't know who anyone in the community is... and unfortunately... it wouldn't matter anyway.  In order to protect copyright and trademarks it must be enforced.  I personally didn't even know it was happening, but it was explained to me why it needs to happen.  In order to do bigger deals with bigger manufacturers and retailers (so that many more people can enjoy original Intellivision things), it's a necessary evil.  It's not about the money being made off these products (which I'm sure is only in the hundreds of dollars) it's the protection of the trademarks and the insistence from big distributors and retailers to ensure exclusive branding.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

To be clear and fair, no one was singled out.  Our lawyers and sales people don't know who anyone in the community is... and unfortunately... it wouldn't matter anyway.  In order to protect copyright and trademarks it must be enforced.  I personally didn't even know it was happening, but it was explained to me why it needs to happen.  In order to do bigger deals with bigger manufacturers and retailers (so that many more people can enjoy original Intellivision things), it's a necessary evil.  It's not about the money being made off these products (which I'm sure is only in the hundreds of dollars) it's the protection of the trademarks and the insistence from big distributors and retailers to ensure exclusive branding.

I was just pointing out how unfortunate it is that we,the small fish who are all backers,supporters and lovers of the Intellivision/Amico brand are being shut down.

As stated,the shirt and hat made for the Intellivision virtual Expo were made as non profit items just to add to the fun of the Expo.

As guys who just collect,play and follow the Intellivision as hobbyists for 40 years and 20 years here on Atariage its unfortunate.

From a business perspective we understand your position completely. As you mentioned it's a necessary evil and something that needs to be done as part of the bigger picture.

It's all good,no worries!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I was just pointing out how unfortunate it is that we,the small fish who are all backers,supporters and lovers of the Intellivision/Amico brand are being shut down.

As stated,the shirt and hat made for the Intellivision virtual Expo were made as non profit items just to add to the fun of the Expo.

As guys who just collect,play and follow the Intellivision as hobbyists for 40 years and 20 years here on Atariage its unfortunate.

From a business perspective we understand your position completely. As you mentioned it's a necessary evil and something that needs to be done as part of the bigger picture.

It's all good,no worries!?

Thank you for understanding.

Can you explain a little bit more about "being shut down".

Do you mean as an original fan who can no longer purchase?  If so, we can easily recreate certain styles and make them available via our website.

Or do you mean creating and making profits (even if it is for a non-profit cause).  I'd like to understand the disappointment factor a bit more.

Appreciate the conversation and thoughts!

4 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

Thank you for understanding.

Can you explain a little bit more about "being shut down".

Do you mean as an original fan who can no longer purchase?  If so, we can easily recreate certain styles and make them available via our website.

Or do you mean creating and making profits (even if it is for a non-profit cause).  I'd like to understand the disappointment factor a bit more.

Appreciate the conversation and thoughts!

I only meant being shut down in regards to having a specific Virtual Expo Intellivision shirt and hat.

Like I said it's all good and I understand the reasoning.

Thanks Tommy!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I only meant being shut down in regards to having a specific Virtual Expo Intellivision shirt and hat.

Like I said it's all good and I understand the reasoning.

Thanks Tommy!?

I think we could probably sell those on our website and just pass all the profits through to the Expo.  Win win for everyone!  I wouldn't want any money to do it... pass it all on.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fdr4prez said:

Any Intellivision masks from IE?

No.  Nothing yet.  Keep hoping the whole damn thing will be over so kept putting it off. 

:)

As a side note to everyone... it's the t-shirt/hat, apparel stuff that our sales & legal team are dealing with.  Stuff like Homebrews, original add-on's, etc, are totally fine.  Just don't want folks to worry.  It's because we're working on a big apparel deal right now.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I think we could probably sell those on our website and just pass all the profits through to the Expo.  Win win for everyone!  I wouldn't want any money to do it... pass it all on.

That sounds like a great idea to me, if all parties involved are willing to make it happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

I mentioned your offer,which is beyond generous to one of the Virtual Expo organizers and hopefully someone sends you a message.

I am only a visitor and attendee of the event so from myself,I thank you!

3 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:

No.  Nothing yet.  Keep hoping the whole damn thing will be over so kept putting it off. 

:)

As a side note to everyone... it's the t-shirt/hat, apparel stuff that our sales & legal team are dealing with.  Stuff like Homebrews, original add-on's, etc, are totally fine.  Just don't want folks to worry.  It's because we're working on a big apparel deal right now.

It's a starter jacket right? Pretty sure that's what it is. 

I don't think you need permission to sell t-shirts that promote an intellivision event.  You just can't use the trademarked stylized intellivision logo without permission.  Same thing for homebrew cartridges.  They can still say Intellivision.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1