Jump to content
hloberg

getting a volume listing from CF7/NanoPEB within XB

Recommended Posts

I've always wanted to get a list of volumes in my nanoPEB/CF7 from XB without having to mount the cfgmgr disk. I think I may have found a way using the utility XMOUNT. With XMOUNT you can mount CF7 volumes from in a XB program (see attached file) by loading a little assembler utility. So to get a list I wrote a program to mount each volume in drive 1 then print out the name, go onto to the next and so on. It's not real fast but its not all that slow either. takes about 5 sec to make a listing of 23 volumes on the screen. I plan to integrate it into a more useful menu program later. here's the program (note: the XMOUNT disk needs to be mounted in drive 1):

100 CALL CLEAR

115 PRINT "LOADING XMOUNT"

120 CALL INIT

130 CALL LOAD("DSK1.XMOUNTOBJ")

150 FOR I=1 TO 20

160 CALL LINK("MOUNT",1,I)

210 OPEN #1:"DSK1.", INPUT,RELATIVE,INTERNAL

220 INPUT #1:A$

230 PRINT I;A$

240 CLOSE #1

400 NEXT I

I'm sure there are ways to speed it up such as in-bed the xmount .obj into the XB program. But this gives the idea and the program for others to mess with. some other nice features of XMOUNT is you can mount permanent (thru reboot) or temporary (reboot sets back to previous). Also can get list of the volume number that is in your drives. I got all kinds of plans for this little utility. 

Here is the original link to Guillaume Tello’s website the creator: https://gtello.pagesperso-orange.fr/ti99_e.htm

he will always have the latest update.

below is my project page that will have more projects added shortly on this subject.

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hloberg said:

I've always wanted to get a list of volumes in my nanoPEB/CF7 from XB without having to mount the cfgmgr disk. I think I may have found a way using the utility XMOUNT. With XMOUNT you can mount CF7 volumes from in a XB program

 

Is this Guillaume Tello’s (@moulinaie) XMOUNT, he of My Little Compiler fame?

 

...lee

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

 

Is this Guillaume Tello’s (@moulinaie) XMOUNT, he of My Little Compiler fame?

 

...lee

Yes, it looks like it's my program!

Happy to know that it is still useful.

 

Instead of uploading the file CF7XMOUNT.DSK and the TXT file, links to my pages would be better. But it's not so important.

 

Guillaume.

Edited by moulinaie
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moulinaie said:

Yes, it looks like it's my program!

Happy to know that it is still useful.

 

Instead of uploading the file CF7XMOUNT.DSK and the TXT file, links to my pages would be better. But it's not so important.

 

Guillaume.

honestly, I forgot where I got it from. 🙂 provide the link and I'll update everything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hloberg said:

honestly, I forgot where I got it from. 🙂 provide the link and I'll update everything.

 

See my comment above. The link to Guillaume’s TI-99/4A page is there. The download to the ZIP file is in about the middle of the page.

 

...lee

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...