IGNORED

NEW GAME : Fantasy Puzzle

tanuki

On 10/22/2020 at 8:46 AM, tanuki said:

On another topic, a client helped us understand why there was sometimes this kind of problem. In reality you can choose your currency on our site but paypal does not allow you to pay in this currency. So you always have to select the original currency on the shop.

Now it makes sense what was happening.   

It went through as a credit card charge in USD, so all is well. 

Thanks and I look forward to the game.

Hint for those doing international purchases in foreign currencies: If your card/bank supports purchases in other currencies than your own (usually main currencies like USD, EUR, GBP etc are accepted), always force PayPal to charge in the seller's currency. There is a setting for that which you can make permanent. Pretty much never let PayPal handle the currency exchange unless you have a really old-fashioned card issuer or bank, or are dealing in some really obscure currency. Their rates are much worse than what your bank will charge you, usually even including any fees involved. Over a period of 5-10 years with moderate spending you should easily be able to save hundreds of dollars (!) by not letting PayPal cut through with their exchange rates.

Some people are already well aware of this, for others it is completely news even if they've been shopping internationally online for decades.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Hint for those doing international purchases in foreign currencies: If your card/bank supports purchases in other currencies than your own (usually main currencies like USD, EUR, GBP etc are accepted), always force PayPal to charge in the seller's currency. There is a setting for that which you can make permanent. Pretty much never let PayPal handle the currency exchange unless you have a really old-fashioned card issuer or bank, or are dealing in some really obscure currency. Their rates are much worse than what your bank will charge you, usually even including any fees involved. Over a period of 5-10 years with moderate spending you should easily be able to save hundreds of dollars (!) by not letting PayPal cut through with their exchange rates.

Some people are already well aware of this, for others it is completely news even if they've been shopping internationally online for decades.

I knew PayPal was terrible at currency conversions.  I learned that when I bought my Channel F multicart and had the seller reject the payment and asked me to resend in dollars.

Glad I could pay for this in dollars so no extra charges for anyone (and proper payment for the merchant).

Edited by mdoerty

On 10/23/2020 at 11:34 AM, carlsson said:

Thanks for pointing out that this is possible. Unfortunately it looks like I can't set it to be the default, but I will try to change it with my next transaction payment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I'm here to give some news about Fantasy Puzzle submissions. We had a small problem with the delivery, but it's solved and we should receive the missing element next week (if the post office is doing its job). So we'll ship your games right away. The packaging is done, all that's left to do is to put the awaited element in it so we can send you your games!

We apologize for the delay.
I will post again here to keep you informed as soon as we send the games of course.

• Like 5