IGNORED

MAME: Aquarius

Pernod

38 minutes ago, chjmartin2 said:

BOOM!  Ok, now I understand fully.  So I send the bankswitch instruction to $E000 but it still switches the $C000 area!!!  Let me fix!!!!  Yes, for sure it was reading the $E000 over and over and over.... stay tuned.  I may have a new thread soon!

Glad it was helpful!  And yes, that's exactly how the bank switching works; apologies if that wasn't clear.  You can think of it as changing channels or selecting inputs on a TV: the physical buttons that you press are in one location (the control panel), and the selected channel or input appears in another location (the TV screen).  In this case, the "control panel" is the $E000 bank, and the "TV screen" is the $C000 bank.

(This may seem confusing, but I didn't have much of a choice except to make $E000 the fixed bank.  This is the location that the Aquarius checks first for a valid cartridge ROM, so for the boot process to be consistent, it had to be mapped to a ROM bank that would always be the same.  I also couldn't continue to use $C000 for bank switch writes, because with the SuperCart II, writable memory will be banked into that space as well as ROM.)

16 minutes ago, chjmartin2 said:

OH MY GOODNESS IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!    IT ALSO FAITHFULLY RECREATES THE ONE BIT AUDIO STREAM!!!!!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!!

Excellent!  Hopefully this will make your development cycle easier, since you can now test new SuperCart ROMs without having to burn an EPROM.

1 minute ago, jltursan said:

Micro-Expander support?, that's really cool!

Yep, my current progress looks much better than my initial screenshot, it shows the directory correctly and can cd into folders. I'm having to do alot of research into how the CH376 works to emulate all the commands that are used, but making progress.

The USB folder is setup as a local 'share' folder, so simply reads your local filesystem and interprets it as FAT32.

33 minutes ago, Pernod said:

Yep, my current progress looks much better than my initial screenshot, it shows the directory correctly and can cd into folders. I'm having to do alot of research into how the CH376 works to emulate all the commands that are used, but making progress.

The USB folder is setup as a local 'share' folder, so simply reads your local filesystem and interprets it as FAT32.

Good idea, that could be really useful to speed up a development.