IGNORED

MULE on cartridge

TimsterAA

Apologies in advance of this has been covered already, but I couldn’t find anything in a quick search. I have the Atari 8-bit “home brew/hack” MULE cartridge that of course works like a charm. Is there a reason why this hasn’t been done for the C64 version? I’d buy a copy in an instant of someone could do this. Thoughts?

(For disclosure - I don’t *need* a cartridge version to play. I have a disk based copy as well as a real disk that I’d prefer not to actually use, and an SD disk reader. I just want a C64 cart of it to match my Atari one. LOL ? )

For that matter, the EasyFlash is a cartridge, similar to AtariMax. But I understand you're asking for a dedicated cartridge. In principle I believe there are bank switching designs that take up to 32K or 64K, if you don't need the full 1 MB of the EasyFlash, which is the way you'd go.

• Like 1

Interesting. Just looked into and ordered an EF3 to add to my C64 arsenal - thanks for the recommendation! How did you get a version of MULE on yours that will work? Obviously I haven’t used this yet to play around with, but it only seems to support cartridge images and one program files. Do you have a single-file copy of the game?

Actually it supports any number of CRT images 8-16K each, any number of single filed PRG games and one CRT that is 32-512K. Since M.U.L.E. never was a CRT to begin with, a single-filed PRG version easily fits with all the others. Contact me on PM if you want more details.

The EF3 is an enhanced version of EF1 with additional cartridge slots & other so you should be able to keep even more software on it, including a few really large cartridge images, one in each slot.