IGNORED

Console levers cleaning / polishing

runner2019

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there's a way to clean / polish the console levers (game select, reset, on/off...etc). 

My heavy sixer is in great shape but the aluminium on the levers looks dimmed because of time or use. 

Has anybody ever tried to polish them? 

I know they can be replaced but there's nothing wrong with them only the look. 

Thanks

They are aluminum so be gentle with them.  Also they can become loose and will rotate (which glue can fix).

Having said that you can try buffing them up with aluminum foil.

Scrunch the foil and wrap around the stalk of the switch and rotate (applying light pressure either side with your finger and thumb).

When done, get a cloth or tissue and wipe off the grey residual particles from the abrading.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voxel said:

They are aluminum so be gentle with them.  Also they can become loose and will rotate (which glue can fix).

Scrunch the foil and wrap around the stalk of the switch and rotate (applying light pressure either side with your finger and thumb).

When done, get a cloth or tissue and wipe off the grey residual particles from the abrading.

Ok, thanks for the advice. Let me give it a go and will come back with some pics. 

6 hours ago, Voxel said:

It actually did work. I had to do it several times but here's the result. I grabbed an old 4 switcher not to spoil my heavy. The lever in the background has been polished. There's a big difference if compared to the one in the foreground. Thanks! 

6 hours ago, Voxel said:

IMG_20201025_193347.jpg

• Like 1