IGNORED

Atari Mods (Colorado or USA)?

Blues76

Hi all, 

Anyone in Colorado (or US) that may be doing hardware mods (e.g., Ultimate 1MB) for a fee? . I’m not great at doing it myself. 

I can try and do it but I rather pay. Of course, if is closer, maybe I can drive to drop off the atari hardware. 

Edited by Blues76

4 hours ago, Blues76 said:

Hi all, 

Anyone in Colorado (or US) that may be doing hardware mods (e.g., Ultimate 1MB) for a fee? . I’m not great at doing it myself. 

I can try and do it but I rather pay. Of course, if is closer, maybe I can drive to drop off the atari hardware. 

Hi, I'm in Chicago, and can install the U1MB. I've corrected one from an 800XL and installed one in a troublesome 1200XL and got it working faultlessly. I do mods on Atari's and other systems. If your interested, shoot me a PM.

22 hours ago, Brian W. said:

Hi, I'm in Chicago, and can install the U1MB. I've corrected one from an 800XL and installed one in a troublesome 1200XL and got it working faultlessly. I do mods on Atari's and other systems. If your interested, shoot me a PM.

Thank you. 

I will contact you. I’m still trying to figure out if there is someone close where I can drop off the equipment but I’m open to mailing — I was thinking in the USA because of shipping charges. 

I still don’t have all the pieces but I hope soon. I still have to buy some stuff from Lok. 

Hi Blues76-

Is this the one that you bought from me (IIRC)? If so, please remember that it is the original Candle version that needs the mod to protect the Xilinx against +5 volts.  I bought the little adapter for mine from Dropcheck. It will also probably need to have the firmware updated. I installed mine some years ago, so I don't remember all of the details.

-Larry

4 hours ago, Larry said:

Hi Blues76-

Is this the one that you bought from me (IIRC)? If so, please remember that it is the original Candle version that needs the mod to protect the Xilinx against +5 volts.  I bought the little adapter from Dropcheck. It will also probably need to have the firmware updated. I installed mine some years ago, so I don't remember all of the details.

-Larry

Probably I did — I wad also planning to get a couple more stuff including another ultimate from lok as I have a few atari 8 bit. I’m still trying to organize this. I was also looking at this but I sow the 1088 as a nice way to get mainly everything but is nice to have it in an original 8bit as well. 

I was hoping to find someone close to me but I think it would rather be difficult. 

Thank you reminding me of this. 

Edited by Blues76