IGNORED

Announcing a rogue-like RPG for the Atari Jaguar

phoboz

9 hours ago, Songbird said:

Manual sample from today's progress:

image.png.28214a159bd0c226552c9ba5e5f1073c.png

Very nice!  I always thought the Jag would be a great platform for RPGs, as you could have long dialog menus with the numeric keypad.  Great, deep RPGs take years to make though, and the life time of the Jag was pretty short in the grand scheme of things. 

Really looking forward to this!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

@Songbird has done the work on the game manual, the result is looking great. A few more steps remaining on box, and label layout. Then we are hopfully ready for release of the first 2D, top-down RPG, and rougelike for the Atari Jaguar. Many years of waiting is over for the ones that were hoping for this to happen...

?

Edited by phoboz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 2 months later...

Get ready: Kings of Edom pre-orders open Oct 5! I just need to get the ordering page created over the weekend. And more good news: the game will release by end of October. Looking at doing 100 units for the first run, but definitely can expand if the interest is there. Are you ready to delve into the dungeon?

image.png.edd4a2f0aaf3b2ab64c218df4acff938.png

Edited by Songbird
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 4

On 9/29/2021 at 4:31 PM, Songbird said:

Get ready: Kings of Edom pre-orders open Oct 5! I just need to get the ordering page created over the weekend. And more good news: the game will release by end of October. Looking at doing 100 units for the first run, but definitely can expand if the interest is there. Are you ready to delve into the dungeon?

Fantastic! I'll be in for 2 of those units, if possible :)

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 3:31 PM, Songbird said:

image.png.edd4a2f0aaf3b2ab64c218df4acff938.png

Easy to remember the day!  1) order new Jaguar game!  2) ignore Windows 11 release as long as possible!

• Like 1