IGNORED

Thank you for the Acceptence

Itchy Scratchy

2 hours ago, DeanOVision said:

Hey Victor. How about for next Halloween you create/release the ColecoVision vapor ware title Dracula? The player could use the joystick to control Drac and then switch to the Roller Controller to move when Dracula turns into a vampire bat? C’mon, you can do it. ?

Actually I thought about making Dracula but I was reading in one of these pages that someone else was working on it so I did not want to step on any toes.  Also, the only thing I know about the Dracula game is one that came out on Intellivision.  Were they supposed to be the same?

It is hard to come up with the intent without original documentation.
Just think how much effort went into making that Mr. Turtle game and that was the most obscure vaporware title I have ever seen.  Based off a Coleco kids pool shaped like a turtle.

Then again I am up to the challenge after my other projects are completed.

The great thing I have learned is once you create a base game shell you can pretty much plug anything in so my next project should come along a lot quicker now that I have ironed out a lot of things and built up a personal library of routines.

Trippin was started at the end of August and should be done and polished by the end of the year.

Edited by Itchy Scratchy
  • Like 1

I too remember some programmers over the years (Retroillucid was one) showing some mockups of what Coleco’s promotional material regarding Dracula would look like but I haven’t heard anything in a while. Maybe someone reading this can chime in if someone is actively working on this title. I’m not sure if ColecoVision was going to base it on the Intellivision Dracula. I kind of doubt it. If you want to see what ColecoVision had in mind for the game, they teased a proposed image and description back in the day. You can check it out by Googling ColecoVision + vapor ware + Dracula. 

• Like 1

Good luck in your CV efforts!

As far as Dracula and other vapor ware titles that Coleco had announced, there is next to nothing to go on as far as gameplay as you have noted. The Mr. Turtle homebrew creation was a good example to use.

As CollectorVision and other Homebrewers have stayed, there is not a “dibs” policy in state although they do try to work with one another so as not to step on each other’s toes especially if a game has progressed along in it’s development. A simple query of the small group of Homebrewers before you proceed to tackle a vaporware title would suffice. Also, even if someone was to work on a vaporware title like Dracula where there isn’t much to go on gameplay wise, if a second was to be released it would surely be a vastly different game.

4 hours ago, NIAD said:

Good luck in your CV efforts!

As far as Dracula and other vapor ware titles that Coleco had announced, there is next to nothing to go on as far as gameplay as you have noted. The Mr. Turtle homebrew creation was a good example to use.

As CollectorVision and other Homebrewers have stayed, there is not a “dibs” policy in state although they do try to work with one another so as not to step on each other’s toes especially if a game has progressed along in it’s development. A simple query of the small group of Homebrewers before you proceed to tackle a vaporware title would suffice. Also, even if someone was to work on a vaporware title like Dracula where there isn’t much to go on gameplay wise, if a second was to be released it would surely be a vastly different game.

Well then I will take a look at it.
Will have to be after the 1st of the year so I will have to get in contact with Retroillucid and see if he has some ideas.

Quick note: While I'm not working on my own version of the Dracula vaporware at the moment, I do have a few ideas for a possible implementation of the game. However, my ideas are rather "loose" and would amount to an unconventional kind of game, which means I'm not sure how much fun the finalized game would be. All this to say that if someone picks up the torch on Dracula, I would just like to be aware of the project, so I don't waste any time working on my own version in the future.  :)