IGNORED

Why did you choose the micro you bought?

Keatah

2 hours ago, jhd said:

I am surprised that you have not gone blind from trying to read text on such a small and fuzzy screen. 

I dunno.  I used an SX-64 as my sole computer for a couple of years.  When I transitioned to the Amiga, I used my screens in interlaced mode.  Kinda like eating school lunch to build up your stomach's resiliency, I think my eyes can now take about any level of abuse.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

Black and white? My VIC displayed in color properly.

Yes, but if you mate a NTSC device with a screen that only understands PAL, that is the outcome. I agree it is a disappointment those TFT screens don't support multiple video formats but I suppose they're cheap and meant to be used with a DVD player that anyways outputs a PAL signal.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bluejay said:

Take my word for it, there exists no joystick worse than CoCo ones.

Look at the photo.  The stick plastic isn't even centered on the shaft!  They really are craptastic.  

40 minutes ago, Omega-TI said:

The Texas Instruments ones are so bad they've been certified as torture devices and not suitable for children.

LMAO!  I agree with both of you.  One of the first things I did with my CoCo 3 was wire up some proper joysticks.  I like the Apple ones, with the two buttons by one's thumb the best of the analog sticks.  Same goes for the TI I had for a while.  (got rid of that one and should have kept it.  Had the full expansion box, the works, but was just not into the machine.  Got it for a song in the 90's, let it go for one to someone who would use it some...  Usually, on digital machines, I'll wire a SEGA pad, or Atari style joystick and go from there, depending on whether having buttons matters.

Edited by potatohead

14 hours ago, bluejay said:

Take my word for it, there exists no joystick worse than CoCo ones.

As far as non-centering joysticks goes, the CoCo's are more realiable than those awful Atari 5200 ones... :roll:

I had them and they were good for like drawing programs or emulating a mouse (which the CoCo also had) but I wouldn't use them for playing Pac-Man type games.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:42 PM, Omega-TI said:

Wanna bet?  The Texas Instruments ones are so bad they've been certified as torture devices and not suitable for children.

CTD.thumb.jpg.c9cd791b29b6bf6021abba7e50f217f4.jpg

Ahh, the venerable "Pain stick".

Remember that episode of TNG when Worf wanted some really badly for his birthday but was too shy to ask?   ;)

• Haha 1