IGNORED

HSC17 Round 20: MILLIPEDE + SEASON CATCH-UP & IMPROVE SCORES!

The conspiracy is alive... it's the third round in a row with an MI game!!

SEASON CATCH-UP and IMPROVE SCORES

Round 20 is also a catch-up for the season so play any games you missed - post scores here please, not in the original threads. If you played all the games (like me and posssibly carlsson??) don't worry you can eek out a few more points by improving on your table positions.

The only stipluation is you post scores as you go, not play a bunch of games and then post all the scores on the last day or so; this gives your rivals a chance to see what is happening :)

Millipede

One of the best games ever, great fun. Play the 1984 Version with title screen animations, supports Trak-Ball too so more bonus points for those who have one - possibly a separate table for this if we have enough players.

Millipede

Everyone on PAL using a file version please use this one so we have comparable gameplay: fandal's XEX is PAL fixed (also works on NTSC)

atarimania has all the info

Bonus Game MITE

Mite.thumb.JPG.72d181bd570c80061bbc3b4bfea044bb.JPG

What the heck let's have MITE as a bonus - it's BASIC, there are about 20 levels - play the version with the timer (the original version is out there too!). Play on "NEARLY" mode then you can make one screw up on each level, sort of.

Download and info Kendallsoft Klassics

Round ends Sunday 8th November 10am UK time

HAVE FUN - JOIN IN - IT'S A GOOD TIME TO START PLAY BEFORE NEXT SEASON IN MID JANUARY - POST IF YOU NEED ANY HELP :!:

• Like 2

Millipede: 225,007

20201025_215130.thumb.jpg.8b24a3ad5590823e78b41560c76da362.jpg

Does anyone know if the trak-ball will work in trak-ball mode with Millipede? I tried it and the player just slides to one side of the screen and sticks there. In joystick mode it works okay, but then you don't get the benefit of analog control. I tried control-T like in Missile Command, but that didn't help.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, graywest said:

Millipede: 225,007

20201025_215130.thumb.jpg.8b24a3ad5590823e78b41560c76da362.jpg

Does anyone know if the trak-ball will work in trak-ball mode with Millipede? I tried it and the player just slides to one side of the screen and sticks there. In joystick mode it works okay, but then you don't get the benefit of analog control. I tried control-T like in Missile Command, but that didn't help.

I've been looking too,  I think it's joystick mode only unless there is a hack out there somewhere 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McKong said:

Good score, I can see the HSC Millipede record being beaten this round! Think I'll be lucky to be in the top 3

This game is actually the only game I consider my self a "master" in (and Ms. Pac-Man and Pac-Man Arcade as good second and third). I love Millipede though. It is all these years my absolute number #1. 

If there were no other games left, but millipede, I still would keep my Atari. It is amazing how much fun this game is.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, graywest said:

I don't own the hardware so I can test, but based on some of the comments on Atarimania you might be right in that it only plays properly in joystick mode.

Personally I wonder what it takes to hack those games to support an Atari ST/Amiga mouse. We already know from games like Pad by NRV that it is possible to read/poll a mouse like that. I don't know how much Millipede benefits from a truly analog controller but it could be an interesting hack.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, carlsson said:

I don't own the hardware so I can test, but based on some of the comments on Atarimania you might be right in that it only plays properly in joystick mode.

Personally I wonder what it takes to hack those games to support an Atari ST/Amiga mouse. We already know from games like Pad by NRV that it is possible to read/poll a mouse like that. I don't know how much Millipede benefits from a truly analog controller but it could be an interesting hack.

It's not too bad in joystick mode. The movement actually feels pretty good.

For me, it's just a little bit disappointing that Atari released such a cool trak-ball accessory and then forgot to make any games that really support it. (Except for Missile Command. And one section of Final Legacy.) 

If someone made a hack, that would be amazing.

• Like 1

I think Millipede only supports Trak-Ball in joystick mode, but it still plays really well like that.

MITE probably is a bug McKong, I made the update in 2008 with the timer so probably screwed it up, the original version had too many points for the High Score Table (which saves to disk - code from Page 6 mag I think) so I reduced the scoring here too.

Good scores coming in already, I know what I'll be doing at the weekend :)

• Like 1