IGNORED

interest in tape cases

bah

I went ahead and made cassette tape cases for my collection.  They are based on the Bally tape case design but I simply substituted Astrovision artwork and logos for later games.

I am gauging interest if I decided to do a run of these.  30 total cases (some games duplicate like Space Invaders/Astro Battle, Galaxian/Galactic Invasion, and cases for Basic and Dealer Demo).  All cases are brand new.

overall.thumb.jpg.447c791298bd5b04f2293d69a46c7592.jpg12.thumb.jpg.e515420fb6c10a0964b2884062f79f69.jpg13.thumb.jpg.246d8cbc6fa65613ba75cad4f298fd70.jpgspines2.thumb.jpg.e18cd495504b82b58e88f4c3040fbd86.jpg

10 minutes ago, KylJoy said:

Neat idea.  Will you be giving me credit for my work?

Sorry, I did not mean to take credit away.  I did see your artwork on this forum and I did keep the format you used for the spine and overall look but I am not intending to make manuals. These are simple case inserts where yours were blank and intended to be used with manuals.  Also, I redid the artwork 100% in photoshop using scans of manuals so I did not use your original pdfs.

On 10/28/2020 at 5:15 PM, glazball said:

Those looks sharp @bah!  I'd be very interested in a set :)

Out of curiosity, did (or could) you make an insert for Ken Lill's UltiMultiCart?  Are there separate inserts for Sea Wolf/Missle and Sea Wolf/Bombardier?

Hi. 

The cases are meant for audio tapes and fit standard carts well but there is no clearance for anything that sticks up out of the cart housing.  The cases don't fit the UltiMulti because of the dip switches.  The Astrovision Basic cart also will not fit because of the LED and the 1/8 audio jack.  I don't own any of the earlier Multi-carts but Probably they wouldn't fit either.

Yes I do have separate inserts for SeaWolf/Missile and SeaWolf/Bombardier.

Let me know either in this thread or privately about obtaining a set if you decide to make them.  I know you mentioned that the cases are brand new - does that mean they are missing the inner tabs made to hold cassette tapes, or did you remove them like @KylJoy did for his set?

It's a shame the UltiMultiCart cannot fit, but I guess that's all the more reason to just leave it in the console!

The cases do have the post but the it is removed.  They used to make post-less cases but I don't know of a source for them, or even if they are still made.

glazball, be careful leaving any cartridge in the console.  There is a plastic plate that holds spring force against the cart.  some consoles after long storage show warping of the plate that would also lead to lower contact force.  Not my experience but I was warned about that some time back.

In this picture, the post remains are below the "i" and "d" in videocade.

back.thumb.jpg.eceae8b663915438c52f09313e1d75f3.jpg

Darn, I was hoping you had a good source on post-less cases.  In that case, I would try to source my own and clip the tabs myself (rather than ship bulky cases).  Granted, 30 cases doesn't sound too unwieldy but the J-cards would just be easier and cheaper to ship.

Anyways, they look great so keep me posted!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 3:57 PM, bah said:

The cases do have the post but the it is removed.  They used to make post-less cases but I don't know of a source for them, or even if they are still made.

In case (no pun intended) you were interested in post-less cases, looks like this company out of Toronto is making them for 38 cents (USD) each. 

https://www.duplication.ca/Cassette-Box-No-Posts.html

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm now the proud owner of a set of Brent's tape cases! They are postless from the factory, so no plastic bits shaved down here :) Pics below are the unboxing (packed with care!) and sitting on my shelf along with the rest of my Bally Astrocade stuff. I forgot to take a picture of the front of the cases with the title and screenshots/graphics, so that picture is one that Brent sent me while we were finalizing the order. Big fan!IMG_2773.thumb.jpg.3bc2302d4c01fa3a90d45761df4d95be.jpgIMG_2774.thumb.jpg.7394549006bd8f7eccd61437b313659f.jpgIMG_2776.thumb.jpg.b03b6fe01b54089804151cb94b2a54c2.jpgc.thumb.jpg.066f2927a72fea18e9fcb18d2d7a9007.jpg.c4059caa1273ddfad741d407583081ec.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...