IGNORED

ST disk images under Win10/x64

Hi!  I have a request and an offer regarding Atari ST disk images under Windows operating systems.  The request is how to change the disk label on a disk image, and the offer is Template Creator for Windows.  Template Creator is a program that handles template files, and an .ST disk image could be a template.  It is at https://sourceforge.net/projects/tmpcreat/files/.  Tell me what you think.

BTW, should I create a version of Template Creator for the Atari ST?

Not exactly clear for what will be good some Template Creator for Atari ST, especially in case of floppy disk images. Actually, why call it creator when handling them and want to change only disk label ? - called rather volume label. Or you want to generate diverse file names for same template image file as src ?

Disk label is in ROOT DIR, and it has attributes for that. So, need only to change 8.3 filename there, or if it is missing add one, with proper attributes.  That's all science.

Of course, there is SW what can change disk label of any regular FAT12 floppy .  http://atari.8bitchip.info/floimgd.php

Section Most used floppy formats on Atari ST:

I'm sorry for not being clear about Template Creator.  :(  It is a utility to handle template files.  You can add a template to its templates database and later derive new files from it.  Basically, it's a way to create new files from old files.  Does this help?

BTW, thank you for the info on disk labels.  :)