IGNORED

sears telegames superman

Professor Falken

Hello, brand new here, so apologies in advance if this is the incorrect place for this post.

was hoping someone on here might be able to help me out. I recently purchased a lot of 50 loose cartridges from a goodwill auction. One of the Carts was a sears telegame superman picture label and its blue manual. I know this has some value but i am having a difficult time finding an accurate value online. This sites rarity guide doesn't even have it listed, only the text label. On price chartings web site it has it listed but with no numbers. just blank spaces where the prices for other carts are. Anyone have at least a ballpark idea what the cart is worth? i see people list the manual for anywhere from $80 to $120. don't know if anyone is paying that but it is what sellers are asking. Anyway, if anyone knows i would appreciate any info you have. thanks a lot.

thumbnail.jpeg

thumbnail-1.jpeg

• Like 3

Difficult to say as Atari_Bill stated, they are truly rare and I've seen a couple of them over the years. Always seem to be just like this, "found in a lot" kinda deal. I don't know that there is a a lot of published data on private sales and this is one of those carts that would likely be a private sale. I mean popping it on eBay is going to net you the most exposure or you could simply work with someone privately with what you feel comfortable accepting and what they are comfortable giving. I wouldn't be surprised if it brought crazy $2,000 and I wouldn't be surprised if you sold it for a few hundred bucks.

Thanks for all the input. Took it over to the local retro game store and the owner contacted a guy who collects 2600. He offered $1000 on the spot , then a couple minutes later offered $1200 and a trade for something else. 
for me, I was looking for information for informations sake. Not looking to sell. I intend to keep this in my own collection, at least for now. 
thanks again for the responses.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

Congrats!   This is certainly one of the harder to find variations for the 2600.  It really doesn’t come up for auction hardly ever so it’s difficult to estimate what one might be worth.  It doesn’t seem like there are many of these around.  

There is not many around. With today's crazy prices, I can't see it selling for less than 1K.  Someone willing to wait may get 2K

2 hours ago, kennybrooks said:

Here is the shopgoodwill auction if anyone wants to see it:

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/105498857

yep thats it. only reason i bid that high was for this particular cartridge. believe me , i zoomed and looked at every picture as best i could to see if there was any evidence of it being picture label and not text but couldn't see anything. finally i decided to just roll the dice. Got lucky. 

figured there were a couple half decent games in there that i needed anyway, so even if it were text label i would just be overspending a little bit. 

• 2 months later...

Did you already know enough, to have the game inside some sort of display case, in your first post?  I totally missed this thread.

Some of these change hands behind the scenes, not all collectors like to advertise to the world, what they are buying or spending.  I think this auction ended at the very high end, probably a personal battle.

And what is it?  Watch display case? :) 

• 3 years later...

I have this game and each version of the Blue box....your manual price is on target...I have only seen a few pop up over the last 10 years...the average price sold is $1800 to $3500.... I know the person with the $3500 copy...the price is a little high but that is a good range in 2024..who know maybe more..not  many in circulation..