IGNORED

Geneve Questions!

dhe

27 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I looked at these files and there 8 and 9k bytes.

And gotek doesn't recognize them.

My EA disk that was converted and is seen and used on geneve module loading is a 180k dsk file.

Do you know how to convert these?

gotek only works with disk images, copy them into a disk image

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GDMike said:

I tried, I used TDIR and either it doesn't do that or I'm not seeing it.

Thx for the response

sure it does.. first you make a disk image under the file menu, make sure you make one your controller can read.. then you open that disk image on one side, then you copy the files from the other side over to it..

image.thumb.png.0039bf613ebb3e247d7d3176c31a1459.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

On the right side, double klick the DSK file to "enter" it, as the (at this moment empty) target of the copy action.

Then on the left side, mark (or mark not) the files you want,  and on one of them, do the rightklick and say "Copy".

Thank you, that was it DBL click click click click click click click click click..

Yeah. I'll convert these suckas

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Schmitzi said:

On the right side, double klick the DSK file to "enter" it, as the (at this moment empty) target of the copy action.

Then on the left side, mark (or mark not) the files you want,  and on one of them, do the rightklick and say "Copy".

It works!!! I can now convert these hundred? Files or more... sweet!!

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Shoot..that's gotta be one of the worst layouts in a program..

I mean, it works, but it could stand being tidied up and made a bit more direct.

But then again, I didn't make it..so it is what it is.

Mike,

Give TIDIR time.  It is THE PREDOMINANT tool I use on a Windows PC to support the TI and Geneve.  It has a lot of capability and flexibility.  I've been using it to setup things for a GitHub repository for the "crucial" Geneve software. Between it and the PI to TIPI, things are so much easier now than they were a few years ago.  About three years ago, I pretty much had to download software through a WIFI modem to get things moved around or use a Lotharek drive.

Beery

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Shoot..that's gotta be one of the worst layouts in a program..

I mean, it works, but it could stand being tidied up and made a bit more direct.

But then again, I didn't make it..so it is what it is.

I like the layout and the dual windows.  The ability to navigate the structure and perform operations with the keyboard (without requiring a mouse)  is icing on the cake. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking that the order of menu items could be better, because instead of all the tools, convert items on top, should be another drop for conversion, etc.

Can't Mark a file with rt clicking..it's in a menu

The dual windows are a necessity.. for sure

Edited by GDMike

29 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

Mike,

Give TIDIR time.  It is THE PREDOMINANT tool I use on a Windows PC to support the TI and Geneve.  It has a lot of capability and flexibility.  I've been using it to setup things for a GitHub repository for the "crucial" Geneve software. Between it and the PI to TIPI, things are so much easier now than they were a few years ago.  About three years ago, I pretty much had to download software through a WIFI modem to get things moved around or use a Lotharek drive.

Beery

Oh, Don't get me wrong, it's a great tool, without it, well I'm left holding a screw..

I'm just venting on the layout...

But it's all there.. sorry for whining