IGNORED

Where do I go to auction off some retro games besides Ebay?

14 hours ago, HoshiChiri said:

I sell here if not on Ebay. Good people, less fees.

15 hours ago, atari181 said:

What's wrong with here?

14 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Yeah, try the AtariAge forum Marketplace.   :)

14 hours ago, HoshiChiri said:

I sell here if not on Ebay. Good people, less fees.

I need it gone asap preferably in 7 days or so and that's not happening here unless I do a major price cut

I second (third, fourth?) the motion to sell here in the AA marketplace.  How fast it sells depends on what you have, and if time is an issue you may have to cut asking prices... but not necessarily.  Otherwise, eBay is really your best option.  Craigslist or FB should be your last resort.

2 hours ago, TheObscureGamer said:

I need it gone asap preferably in 7 days or so and that's not happening here unless I do a major price cut

Many people will pay you fairly for items sold here and you would save the fees.  And if it is rare items, you would probably sell then within a day or two if you are asking a fair price 

16 hours ago, TheObscureGamer said:

Price cut? Why? I would have no problem giving you thousands for the right item here but if you post it on eBay I'll pass. I'd rather not have it than ever have to use eBay ever again.

I don't see why you think it would sell for less here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidD said:

Wasn't there some guy trying to start a video game focused auction site years ago... Game Gavel or something like that?

I'm not saying that you should go there, but I remember something about someone trying to make a gaming-only auction site.

I heard somewhere that was Mike Kennedy of Coleco Chameleon fame that was associated with Game Gavel and that's why it's no longer around. I could be corrected, I'm just repeating what my unverified source told me.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:03 AM, TheObscureGamer said:

That's gonna be true of anywhere though- even if you're charging the fairest prices in the land, a low demand item will just sit around. (I say this as someone who always tries to be the lowest price on Ebay for similar condition items, & they often sit for months.)

Your only sort-of guarantee for it to go fast is an auction on Ebay with a low starting bid... but even then you could end up taking a big cut.

That's just kinda how the secondhand market goes- either wait for a good price or sell now for what you can get. It's on you to decide just how desperately you need the cash right now.

• Like 1

I also agree that AA is a great place to sell stuff. Besides, what makes you think it will sell on eBay that quickly without undergoing a price cut? Obviously no one will buy your stuff on any site if it's overpriced. I'm sure there are plenty of people here that might want your stuff (especially if it's rare) and as long as you price it right it'll sell quickly.