Sign in to follow this  
retroclouds

Tomy Tutor Tron game cartridge

I'm pretty sure it is one of the Pyuuta cartridges I modified for the Geneve a few years ago using Barry Boone's translation method.

• Like 1

It is always good to see the Pyuuta/Tutor see some love. At this rate, there will be more homebrew games for the system than original releases in a few years! :) :) :)

• Like 3

I’m hoping to use my TI-99/4a in the future (with Stevie ofcourse) to do some game cross-development for the Tomy Tutor.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tanam1972 said:

Seems like a fun game, ported to a lot of platforms including Tutor, Commodore and MSX.

Think this needs a TI-99/4a version as well. 

Is the Tutor source code available somewhere? Can image this would not require many changes to run on the TI.

• Thanks 1

Maybe we can get Barry Boone to port it to the Geneve like he did with the other Tomy games. 😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dhe said:

Maybe we can get Barry Boone to port it to the Geneve like he did with the other Tomy games. 😃

Barry showed me how to port Tutor/Pyuuta games to the Geneve a few years ago. The method works great with any of the 8K/16K games. I used his method to port a bunch of the Pyuuta games over to the Geneve that way and posted the images here on AtariAge.

• Like 3

@Ksarul

>>Barry showed me how to port Tutor/Pyuuta games to the Geneve a few years ago.

I'd be very interested in hearing how to do that.

12 hours ago, tanam1972 said:

This one led me on a nice adventure--and along the way, I seem to have found pointers to the 8 Pyuuta cassettes released a few years ago, along with the Pyuuta Fanzines (I believe there are 7 of those). I also saw what looks to be a replacement keyboard with membrane for the Pyuuta in one of the displays I saw pictures of. Is that still available anywhere?

Tanam, thank you so much for all the new games!  I will need to order a flash cart and put these games on them!

Just crosslinking the discussion about a possible high-level framework used for programming these games on multiple platforms:

• Like 2

See also the thread in Programming general about cross dev environments. He has posted tools for Z80, 6502, 6800, 6809 so far, not 9990/9995 though.

• Like 2