IGNORED

Dragon's Lair sealed?

bombflare

I was finally getting around to putting some of my more recently acquired games with the rest of my Jag collection and noticed that my factory sealed big box copy of Dragon's Lair feels a little off compared to some of my other Jaguar CD games.  When I slightly shake my sealed copies of Baldies and Myst, I can hear and feel the contents inside moving around.  When I do the same with Dragon's Lair, nothing is moving around.  The contents inside the box also feel firmer in Dragon's Lair and it does not have the slight box indentation on the back side like the other Jaguar CD games that I have.

I've also noticed on Baldies and Myst that the plastic seals have a 2-3 scattered hole punch circles that the dragon's lair copy does not share and that the Dragon's Lair box is slightly larger than the other two.

Anyone else have a sealed copy of Dragon's Lair with a similar experience?  I'm wondering if I have been had.

Edited by bombflare

6 hours ago, neo_rg said:

Dragons lairs should have polystyrene Inserts inside the box, the others will be just folded cardboard.

Alright that sets me at ease.

3 hours ago, tbs123456 said:

Brain dead 13 and space ace should also be like that.

Hopefully I stumble across those and Primal Rage one day.

13 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

Just open it and take a look ?

You'll regret that for more than the obvious reasons. If you open it, you might end up actually playing it, and I think you'll find it's so frustrating that it'll probably end up smashed to bits in a bin in short order.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

You'll regret that for more than the obvious reasons. If you open it, you might end up actually playing it, and I think you'll find it's so frustrating that it'll probably end up smashed to bits in a bin in short order.

Not if its a PAL system :)  (Or was that just Space Ace?)

• 1 month later...

Dragons layer is in a standard jewel case, most other jag cd games are in a cardboard jewel case that includes overlayes and huge manual written in several languages.

So probably weight difference. Is that, also I believe that dragons layer/space ace/braindead werther rare 3rd party games so may also make a difference in package.

Electronic Boutique back in the day did take games out of package then shrink wrapped the original box as a selling box, so it is possible that it's just a shrink wrapped empty box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1