IGNORED

Halloween games

erichenneke

I didn't see any of the usual "Halloween themed game" threads that usually pop up this time of year.

Any new ones to try out?

Also, if you are looking for a fun game to play around Halloween, give War Room a spin in Halloween mode! 

We buried an "easter egg" surprise inside War Room.  It's been a couple years since it was released, so I'll just go ahead and tell you how to trigger the easter egg feature.  Here you go...

On the title screen, just hit "H", or [SPACE BAR] or [HELP] key.   This will put the game into Halloween mode, and then you will have a bunch of additional Halloween-themed characters to choose from.  

It's a fun 2-player game too if you want to get some head-to-head, monster-to-monster, or ghoul-to-ghoul competition going!  :)

Plus, if you play in 1-player vs. CPU mode, Rob's AI he implemented is a force to be reckoned with (now THAT is truly scary!).

Link here (top of this thread)...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zzip said:

First ones that comes to mind are 'Maxwell's Manor', 'Ghost Chasers' and Ghostbusters

yeah, I've been playing some Ghostbusters again lately!  :)

I'll dig those others out.  I don't know Ghost Chasers.   Thanks!

I also have been playing Hobgoblin again a lot because now I have my new Turbo Freezer... with it I can actually save each time i make some progress and keep continuing, otherwise that game is just too darn hard (even though it's a beautiful and fun game!).

-Eric

Ghost Manor  (Xonox, 2600).  Haunted House (Atari, 2600). Frankenstein's Monster (Data Age, 2600). 

One of the best is Eternal Darkness for Gamecube.

Oh yeah.... and here's a few Halloween games I released for the Apple ][ here a couple years ago.

(Compute! Type-ins -I didn't write them, but I did type-em'-in since were long lost. So maybe here's a shot to enjoy them in context... Install AppleWin, Turn the lights down and set the clock back 35 years)

gallery_31593_2296_3028.png.5a379c82bf160aeadd38d394def6f93c.png

Spiders.dsk

gallery_31593_2296_12449.png.3c5b5cded6c94be102aa90793d73f9dc.png

Things in the Dark.dsk

gallery_31593_2296_15875.png.62bacbbc8f4cbc8fe7d8e4c60c80c7a7.png

Witching Hour, The.dsk

8-bit micros: Cauldron

SNES - Clock Tower

Arcade - Splatterhouse, House of The Dead

DOS - Blood

N64  - Luigi's Mansion

PSX - Silent Hill

But if you want a really scary game then Alien: Isolation is the king. I've recently approached it again and still can't progress past even the earliest alien encounters. It's just too oppressive...any odd sound and I hide in a locker or some dark corner and am paralyzed with real fear. That's quite an impressive effect for a mere videogame, I  must admit.

• Like 1

What about Ghost Encounters? Yeah, it's kind of a crappy Venture clone, but I've always enjoyed it and its sequel.

I'd think that The Lurking HorrorMoonmist and especially Suspect would be great fun for fans of text adventures.
Will try it!

As far as adventures go, there is also Transylvania, the Count, and Voodoo Castle too.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/30/2020 at 8:40 AM, erichenneke said:

Will try it!

As far as adventures go, there is also Transylvania, the Count, and Voodoo Castle too.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

Its Halloween time! 

I need to dig into the infocom games.

Ghastly Night needs a 130XE I don't have.

I need to try Transylvania

• Like 1