IGNORED

Rick's Extra Life campaign

Hey there Intellivision community!  It's Extra Life charity season again, and I'm planning to do another gaming marathon to raise money for the Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.  I'm taking a page out of Ferg's book and splitting my gaming across two days, just because of how badly my body treated me after last year's marathon!  The days I'll be gaming are going to be December 5th and 6th, probably 14 hours on the Saturday and the other 10 hours on the Sunday - both days will probably start around 8:00am.

As per usual, I take requests, especially from people who donate!  I'll have a live stream comments section going as well.

Support my campaign with a donation here: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=437582

Check in on my live-stream on 12/5 and 12/6 on youtube here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rickreynolds1969

Full details here:  https://www.rickandviv.net/

I'll appreciate whatever support you guys can send me!

Rick Reynolds

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I should have posted back here yesterday, but better late then never, I guess.  We did 12 hours of gaming yesterday - all of it on the Intellivision.  I managed to play A Tale of Dragons and Swords all the way to the dragon, but I couldn't figure out where to hit him to cause any damage.  But it was a cool adventure!  We played various other games also, culminating in a marathon session of TNT Cowboy.  I didn't quite get to the end of that game, but definitely got a great start on it -- finished the first 4 quests, ending with the temple.

Anyway, we'll be at it again today for another 12 hours.  I'll probably concentrate on other consoles today.  But it would be great if folks could stop by and check out what we're up to.  Links and info in the top post.

• Like 2

I think what actually happened was Rick was so distraught at the prospect of twelve hours without Sharp shot or Carnival that he just needs time to reset. I mean really, if you can post here... I'm not sayin'.... I'm just saying'...

It's Aliens. Forty-seven aliens....

• Haha 1

I should know the fuller story tomorrow night.  I'll probably do the final 12 hours some day during that last week of December.  I have that whole week off from work, so I'll just pick a day and go for it.  I'll definitely post here the updated plan.

Thanks to folks from this community that have already contributed to my campaign!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone still following this topic! 

I'm planning on doing my last 12 hours on Wednesday, December 30th.  I'll be shooting for 9am - 9pm EST.  Hopefully our internet connection will be in proper form.  I have a technique for testing our speeds and I've worked through the "reboot everything" dance enough times to know if that will help with the connection speed when we get closer.  I'll be doing testing on Tuesday the 29th to hopefully make sure everything is ready to go.  So feel free to stop by the stream.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to the campaign!  I really appreciate it.  This is a generous community.

If you planned to contribute but didn't get around to it, it's not too late!  Links for the stream and for how to give are at my website: http://www.rickandviv.net 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Hey everyone still following this topic! 

I'm planning on doing my last 12 hours on Wednesday, December 30th.  I'll be shooting for 9am - 9pm EST.  Hopefully our internet connection will be in proper form.  I have a technique for testing our speeds and I've worked through the "reboot everything" dance enough times to know if that will help with the connection speed when we get closer.  I'll be doing testing on Tuesday the 29th to hopefully make sure everything is ready to go.  So feel free to stop by the stream.

Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to the campaign!  I really appreciate it.  This is a generous community.

If you planned to contribute but didn't get around to it, it's not too late!  Links for the stream and for how to give are at my website: http://www.rickandviv.net 

Thank you for honouring me by playing on my birthday. ? My birthday wish is for as many people as possible to help support Rick with whatever they can and for Rick to play Carnival and Sharp Shot and try not to curse too much while doing so. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Zendocon said:

What's so bad about Carnival?  It can't be worse than Turbo or Zaxxon.

It's the music. Rick must play it at max volume. But now that you mention it I think Rick should play the Coleco trifecta and see which one he dislikes the most. ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rick Reynolds said:

Ouch.  Internet issues again today, couldn't stream!  A tech is coming out tomorrow.  Hopefully they'll replace something.  We can't seem to keep an upload rate high enough to make streaming something that will actually work.

Bummer! Hope it gets resolved soon

The Verizon guy just left.  We have a nice, new ONT on the side of the house.  Speeds look very good.  He says that if I want to pay for it, Verizon can deliver near gigabit speeds to the internet with this newer box.  So I'm hopeful we should be good for a while.

I'll pick a convenient Saturday in January and do the real, final 12 hours of streaming for my 2020 Extra Life campaign.  I'll post here with details for anyone who wants to login and watch.

• Like 2